How bad is the shaking side mirror to fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Outsane 3D prints all kind of cool stuff for your 80, including little brackets to fix this issue.

I used double-sided VHB tape, works great. Can also use zip ties, JB Weld, or the 3D printed bracket, tons of info in search.

Outsane 3D prints all kind of cool stuff for your 80, including little brackets to fix this issue.

this. also Wits End.

Before you buy anything, try tightening the phillips screw on the bottom of the mirror in the middle and see if that does the trick. My 80 had SMS when I bought it. I tightened that screw and it went away.

Heard from who? Toyota, PartSouq and Amayama lists the mirrors. I bought one six months ago.

Before you buy anything, try tightening the phillips screw on the bottom of the mirror in the middle and see if that does the trick. My 80 had SMS when I bought it. I tightened that screw and it went away.
Thanks to this comment I tried this last night and it worked! No more SMS!

There are several Youtube videos on fixing the mirrors using different techniques. I went with this one since I had the stuff on hand. That was over a year ago and it is still working great.

There is at least one other thread on this subject and the prognosis of SMS is dire indeed. I have a wrecked mirror I have been meaning to use for my experiment, namely adjust the screw on the bottom through the cutout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom