How bad are these rust holes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, first time posting but have been following the forum for awhile since I got my 89 HJ61 last week. I was wondering if ya’ll could tell me how serious this rust issue is? It’s right above the front suspension. Thanks! I look forward to continue browsing the forum and posting.

AE233EE1-536F-4BA0-974B-D6769D06AA54.jpeg
72499998-929F-4D09-8AC4-D3993AD041A9.jpeg
AE233EE1-536F-4BA0-974B-D6769D06AA54.jpeg

I think it’s the core support if I’m seeing right. Not a huge problem, the radiator will hold it together! Lol

just clean up the metal around the rust holes and take a piece of flat stock 1/8 is overkill, and then tack it or epoxy it to the surrounding metal you cleaned up.

check you frame make sure it doesn’t have the same issue.

I think it’s the core support if I’m seeing right. Not a huge problem, the radiator will hold it together! Lol

just clean up the metal around the rust holes and take a piece of flat stock 1/8 is overkill, and then tack it or epoxy it to the surrounding metal you cleaned up.

check you frame make sure it doesn’t have the same issue.
Thanks for your response! That makes sense because my core was actually leaking. Had to take the radiator out and getting it re-cored right now. I’ll check the frame too but when I initially looked it seemed to be in pretty good shape.

Ugly but repairable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom