How am I source old ARB locker seals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 97 40th had lockers installed I believe in 2003.

Things worked great but then I upgraded the air compressor to a newer ARB model so I could also air up my tires. That was neat but it blew the front locker I guess.

Took it to a shop and they’ve had it on the lift for a whole month trying to source a single o-ring with no success. They are a pretty reputable cruiser shop in the area so I feel like the struggle to find the part is a valid one.

Does anyone know how to track down such parts? They were able to get 3/4 of the seals they need but I guess this one is unique to arb, they have tried all their third party suppliers.

When I was at East Coast Gear Supply (Link), they had a ton of ARB replacement parts and were very knowledgeable... I'd give them a ring and see if they can help.

Is the locker out? Getting the serial number off it would help a bunch.

I'd call Cruiser Outfitters if it were mine.

I would look into if someone can make a custom one for you. I ordered some belts for a tool of mine. When it arrived they had a flyer in the package that stated this company made custom belts for obsolete machines. Worth a look if you strike out elsewhere.

I second a call to @cruiseroutfit
For old ARB stuff, you need to get ARB USA to place a call to the mothership in Australia. We went through that when we needed parts & instructions for the air locker in the FJ40 that didn't match any of the PDF documents on ARB's site. Turns out those were installed very shortly after ARB introduced the air locker in the US. Of course ARB USAn didn't believe us, at first; a picture was needed, and only then could they be bothered to dig into this.

Is the locker out? Getting the serial number off it would help a bunch.

I'd call Cruiser Outfitters if it were mine.

Initially they were gonna give it to me since I offered to search on my own but haven’t yet gotten this info.

Tech says he’s looked for dozens of hours without luck. I’ll see if I can still get that serial number today though

I would look into if someone can make a custom one for you. I ordered some belts for a tool of mine. When it arrived they had a flyer in the package that stated this company made custom belts for obsolete machines. Worth a look if you strike out elsewhere.

I’ll have to consider it. The other option is to pay $900 for a brand new locker when all this needs as an o-ring that probably cost $1 new.

I guess there is a benefit going with the new lockers though since the bulkheads arb offers now isn’t compatible with my old style and it would make trail repair harder without the new locker

You could potentially just match up a viton O-ring by dimension, if ARB can't supply it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom