SOLD Houston, TX: 2005 Land Cruiser, 103k Miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
Gray
Selling my Land Cruiser I bought off Bringatrailer last fall. It’s truly a remarkable vehicle but I haven’t been using it as intended. I bought for a daily commuter (12 mile commute) with the intent to use on some weekend trips. I have grown to realize that with my wife, baby, 90lb dog, and general comfort, we are continuing to use our 2020 F250 for those trips instead. With that in mind, using this vehicle purely for a 12 mile commute just doesn’t do it justice.

I have dumped a LOT of $ into this vehicle and you will be able to tell by the numbers i’m taking a pretty sizable loss:

Bring a trailer listing: No Reserve: 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser UZJ100 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-toyota-land-cruiser-11/
Carfax is a link in that listing. No accidents. Completely stock when purchased. $35,750+BAT fee’s

In the last 12 months/4k miles, the following upgrades/maintenance has been completed:
Dobinsons 100 Series IMS Lift Kit with SPC Upper Control Arms: $2685 + installation
Slee Sliders/Steps: $1326
Icon Wheels & Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires: $2367
Front/Rear Differential & Transfer Case Drain/Fill w/ Mobile 1, Oil Change (synthetic), Brake Fluid Change, Wipers, Front & Rear Rotors and Brake Pads, New Rear Calipers: $2469
(Prior to my purchase) Timing Belt & Water Pump replaced 4/2021 at 96k miles: $678

The only notable issues are that the antenna broke off in the car wash (thanks wife). I have a replacement included, I just haven’t installed it. Without the antenna I have a Bluetooth component plugged into the 12v and it streams everything from a phone just fine. Also, during the lift kit installation the shop was careless removing skid plate bolts and several of them snapped off, so there’s no skid plates on the truck and those will have to be drilled out. When all the other services were complete (diff/transfer case fluid changes) I ensured they put new oem Toyota bolts in.

The interior leather, carpet, and body in general are all in very good shape. There’s some small surface scratches but the paint itself reflects a vehicle that’s been garage kept for much of its life. The underside has some mild/generally surface corrosion but nothing that I found to be concerning. Detailed underside photo’s are shown in the Bringatrailer listing.

Between the suspension, wheels, and tires, it drives every single bit as quietly and smoothly as you would expect.

I have around $46k into this based on the above, and am asking $37k. Clear title in hand and can facilitate a seamless transaction.

802A6E8F-8C24-46ED-BAF8-91EDA8D76DEE.jpeg

E0745F1C-C9B3-4536-9B53-45D1EF7BC965.jpeg

801D44AB-08C1-4E21-962A-679E28410554.jpeg

372A9B53-CAD8-487F-B9F0-43C6BC097135.jpeg

A6B5D699-7DB1-4BDB-BB00-18AFAB6DBB55.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm - hope I’m not terribly far off on the price here. Beautiful vehicle.

Hmm - hope I’m not terribly far off on the price here. Beautiful vehicle.
Can you provide any more color on the skid plate issue with the shop? If they screwed up, why did they not fix it? What needs to be done to repair, just screw out the broken bolts, obtain new one bolts, and install?

Can you provide any more color on the skid plate issue with the shop? If they screwed up, why did they not fix it? What needs to be done to repair, just screw out the broken bolts, obtain new one bolts, and install?
I had known some of the skid plate bolts were rusted and had removed a few as long as I was careful. I told them this and to use care.

I had a bunch of other issues with the shop during suspension install (delays, attempt to insanely overcharge me for a couple components) and didn’t think much more of it. They installed the suspension and at the end of the day it drove great and alignment was perfect. I didn’t realize they broke the bolts until I took it to the other service center to have all the other maintenance work I outlined above, and they notified me that the skid plates were being held by a few bolts and zip ties.

When I had all the other services done (fluids) I had them replace all the drain/fill plugs with OEM ones I supplied (that way I knew they’d get filled and also new bolts).

Regarding the skid plate bolts that broke, there’s a few options - drill out and use an extraction bit, drill out larger bolt and retap, etc. I have all new oem hardware. I tossed the plastic oem skid plate but still have the front metal plate.

I’d dig into it further but I have way too many projects right now. I will be a little flexible on the price right now if someone elects to have a shop remove these.

I had known some of the skid plate bolts were rusted and had removed a few as long as I was careful. I told them this and to use care.

I had a bunch of other issues with the shop during suspension install (delays, attempt to insanely overcharge me for a couple components) and didn’t think much more of it. They installed the suspension and at the end of the day it drove great and alignment was perfect. I didn’t realize they broke the bolts until I took it to the other service center to have all the other maintenance work I outlined above, and they notified me that the skid plates were being held by a few bolts and zip ties.

When I had all the other services done (fluids) I had them replace all the drain/fill plugs with OEM ones I supplied (that way I knew they’d get filled and also new bolts).

Regarding the skid plate bolts that broke, there’s a few options - drill out and use an extraction bit, drill out larger bolt and retap, etc. I have all new oem hardware. I tossed the plastic oem skid plate but still have the front metal plate.

I’d dig into it further but I have way too many projects right now. I will be a little flexible on the price right now if someone elects to have a shop remove these.
Thanks, appreciate the additional info.

Do you still have the original wheels?
Yes - still have them. Can be included with the sale. If someone would prefer them instead of what’s on there I could reduce the price to swap them out.

F66B9051-053C-4C5D-9EBA-E9314BC42B53.jpeg

A9DE61C2-3301-49F4-9EE7-06036210E041.jpeg

I'm new to this forum, but not new to car forums. I'm an interested buyer. I live in Dallas and could close a deal quickly in person to ensure a smooth transaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom