For Sale Houston - Mint, fully built 1997 FZJ80 CE triple locked - not a bit of rust... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Sadly or luckily I've got a rare chance on dream build...... I swore I'd never sell this 80, as it's the cleanest I've seen yet and has been lovingly built .... but...... fate tossed a new project on my radar.

Hoping that a mud member will be interested - this is my 6th 80 build, along with a sc'ed 100, and long travel built 200...... all found great homes with mud folks - this one deserves the same.

I found this in Baton Rouge- a dealer had picked it up as it was a trade - owned by a Dentist wife and garaged it's whole life.... I paid decent money for it and started ordering parts...

my bodyshop redid the flares as they had minor parking scuff and re-placed the gimps to match. Short of that and a recent redo of the tailgate and upper door due to a dent it's never had any paintwork, or any major accident. The PO hit a sign and scuffed the front bumper, and I was hit lightly in the rear bumper this Feb - the hi-lift jack just touched the door. The hood has a STI scoop and Range Rover vents that were sized to allow a top mounted Mishimoto Intercooler, and the vents in concert with the scoop drop temps dramatically in the Texas summers - scanguage showed 12-20 degrees. Bodywork was done by Master Autobody in town - one of the best shops in Houston and the go-to for hard to match paints/ matte paint etc...

Duggy's Garage -our local go-to shop for all things Toyota has always done the service and install of parts - with a HG redo just completed in March this year at 214k - now has roughly 217k.... it was an all-in while you're in there approach.... anything needed, including the wiring harness was either upgraded or replaced with OEM or better - that was a 5 figure rebuild - details in the build list below.

I'd hoped to find a sc'er to finish the build - and add the LR larger main tank....

I do not need to sell her and have already pulled the trigger on the new project, but I know once I start that build she won't get the attention and love she deserves.... sadly, other then light fireroads in Big Bend last year she's never been wheeled - so the paint and underside are pristine...the paint was recently ceramic coated (April) and the 4x4 labs rear bumper was just re- powder-coated last month, andcomes with a spare basket/ gas can rack to swap in/out.

Details on the Build -

Exterior / Suspension:
  • New 315/7-/17 Toyo RT’s on SCS lightweight (23lb) 5 spoke rims – plus full size spare
  • White Knuckle offroad slider with mild turn-up and filler plate
  • ARB front bumper and Smittlybilt Gen 3 12k winch w/ Synthetic line (new blue Amsteel 02/2021)
  • Trail Taylor Steering stab. And radiator guard
  • Slee AC evap skid plate
  • Slee rear locker guard
  • Trail Tailor Transfer skid plate
  • Old Man Emu med front / heavy rear 2 ½ “ lift w/ 10mm packers in the rear- OME shocks
  • Slee SS brake lines
  • ARB Alloy Alum full roof rack
  • ARB Alum case 2.5x2.5 M awning (used twice)
  • Trax sand boards & floatation plate for hi-lift jack on roof
  • Hood has professionally installed STI hood scoop and Range Rover side vents – designed for Intercooler(mishimoto) for pending turbo install – runs about 12-15 degree cooler then prior
  • Baja Design LP6’s on ARB –
  • Rigid driving lights custom installed into ARB
  • Massive Metalworks Hood brackets with Baja Design S2 Pro ditch light
  • 4x4 labs rear bumper – spare tire carrier and ladder, also comes with re-painted gas can / cooler basket
  • Baja design Squadron pro’s as back up lights
  • Hi-lift jack on swingout
  • All new door seals, window runs and slides – including rear hatch
  • Safari snorkel professionally installed
  • Fender flares repainted w/ new gimps
  • Depo blacked out head lights, depos clear side markers and LED tailights
  • Delta VS rear panhard bracket
  • LCP front swaybar disconnects
  • Shaky mirror fix
  • EBC slotted/ drilled rotors front and rear w/ Hawk pads
  • Old Man Emu Steering stabilizer
  • CLD button – 7 pin mod
  • Swaybar bushings
  • New windshield washer pump
· New Windshield washer motor and blades all the way around
Mechanical / running gear:
  • Rebuilt front axle -seals, bearings and everything needed
  • Full fluid change 02/2021
  • All U-joints replaced 05/2021
  • Head gasket redone plus full new OEM wiring harness, hoses, belts and fluids
  • New Radiator
  • Tundra 150 amp Alt w/ photoman brackets
  • PHH and bypass of removed rear heater
  • New Denso starter
  • New fuel and water pumps/ thermos and filter
  • New dist seal and timing chain and guides/tensioner etc
  • New injectors / plugs/wires etc..
  • New brake booster ( oem) and cylinders
  • New power steering pump and all lines
  • Slee Dual batter tray- Dual AGM batteries w/ Blue Seas AGM and bussman circuit protection
  • New air intake tube – and MAF sensor
  • GM VC120 charcoal canister
  • Dual Hella Red horns
  • Burrito basket….and SS tongs……
· Fan and new clutch hub
Interior:
  • New LCH front seat covers installed w/ new OEM seat bottom foam
  • Fatt matt and acoustic foam installed up to front seats and in all doors/ hatch
  • Carpet professionally cleaned while out – always covered w/ new Inno-hex mats
  • Kenwood 6.1” headunit w/ 5 channel anp under drivers seat and Infinity 6 ½ “ speaker in all doors – JL sub on LCP rear bracket, it sounds amazing !
  • 4x 4 labs rear drivers side basket - Rago offroad side window Molle panel and Delta brackets hold a shelf/ attic
  • Adventure Ready rear inner tailgate cover/ cutting board
  • S-Tech 6 light switch panel installed with Wits End ash tray mount
  • Wits End useless cubby hole mount w/ tilto-meter
  • Craft Customs redone steering wheel ( thicker then oem with extra high density foam)
  • Craft custom redone shifter knob and center console lid
  • Redline custom transfer case nob
  • 1500 Watt Inverter under passenger seat – Rear heater deleted
  • Rear 2nd row seats are out of the truck typically but in very good condition -recently treated with Leatherique and stored in climate controlled unit.
  • Led Dome lights

I will be getting her cleaned up when the rain stops and post up a ton of pics - a few for now

Oh - and price...... frankly that was the hardest part of this... but there are a few recent comps that support this, and the obvious change in the market , and embrace of these as true collectibles.... and the mint ones are incredibly rare - this is one of those....a Collector Edition...

A few spare parts and misc things like 3 replica CE badges, spare center console lid etc come with her...

Asking 38,500

IMG_20210102_140858154_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210102_140914900_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20210102_140923971_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210507_084252389.jpg

IMG_20210507_084257201.jpg

IMG_20210507_084304743.jpg

IMG_20210507_084228726.jpg

Last edited:
New Slee front Driveshaft and OEM rear are in - new 02 sensors, new brake pads all the way around and fully fluid change ....... she's back on the market and ready to find her a new owner. Pm me with questions - likely could deliver her to east coast or SE areas as I am in VA 3 weeks a month...

Will be posting some pics as I get her waxed up over the holidays, and likely will put her on BaT in Jan pending scheduling if she doesn't sell by then.

E

Well, that ended badly…

Last edited:
the 80 is now officially off the market - the wife wants to finsih off the build and use as her daily since she's not commuting 100 miles a day now.... appreciate all the interest and fun conversations. hope to be re-joining the 200 board shortly....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom