Hopkins 7 Blade Towing to OEM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience installing this on a 100 series? Not quite sure of where to put this thing let alone how to get the OEM 7 pin attached to it.

20210508_175207.jpg

20210508_175707.jpg

Ring out the OEM connector and then identify pin 3 (tail lights/parking lights, +12V when you turn them on for the truck wiring) to get the proper orientation. Label the OEM wires with tape and markings. Then just match up with the wiring diagram with that Hopkins part. Solder AND secure mechanical connection required or you'll be chasing down intermittent wiring forever. If you can, route wires around spare instead of over it if installing bracket at back of rig. Thick zip ties to mount the wires securely, close to the body.

Be thankful you don't have to run a separate +12V line.

Is there a diagram that shows what is what coming from the OEM connector? Tail, signal, brake, etc?

I've seen a couple two or three so want to be sure without too much trouble.

After the wife demolished the 7 pin going through a water crossing I have to come up with a good out of the way place.

Last edited:
Is this the correct wiring for the 2005 100?

Tacoma 7 Pin.jpg

I was thinking I could trace the wires back and figure out the toyota connector to see if it matches this.

Toyota Connection.jpg

All 7 pin connectors are the same. That's what allows a trailer to be connected to any truck without re-wiring the connector.

Is the broken one in the picture the factory connector and you're trying to replace it? Or is there something different going on?

Ok. I see your other post now. Just trying to relocate a suitable replacement.

Assuming the 2nd pic is the busted connection on your truck now you could get a 7 pin extension cable like 7 pin extension cable. You can simply plug the male end into your existing broken connection secure using wire ties and place the receptical end where suits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom