Hood shocks (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is for 02, you'll need to check for your model but probably the same. Just call your local Toyota parts or order online

Parts diagram here

1675437031811.png

Work great, been running them for 2+ years now.
Yeah maybe this is the better route to go after seeing the price tag on OEM lol. Although these OEM struts have held up for 250k on my rig and still hold strong.

You get what you pay for, but at $25 a go you can replace the cheap ones several times before approaching oem cost.

Fwiw- The strong arm supports from liftsupportdepot lasted me about 4years and failed. Just tried a different option off amazon - which seem a little beefier- same price.

Amazon product ASIN B01H8A815A

A-Premium Hood Lift Supports Shock Struts Replacement for Toyota Land Cruiser Landcruiser 100 Series 1998-2007 LX470 https://a.co/d/5u0Srpe

I used these ones and they've been holding up fine.

You get what you pay for, but at $25 a go you can replace the cheap ones several times before approaching oem cost.

Fwiw- The strong arm supports from liftsupportdepot lasted me about 4years and failed. Just tried a different option off amazon - which seem a little beefier- same price.

Amazon product ASIN B01H8A815A
I had the same experience with the liftsupportdepot arms…

I've owned 6 different cars with strut supported hoods and hatches over the last 20 years. Every single aftermarket strut I've tried failed in a relatively short time. The OEM stuff is expensive, but it seems to be objectively better by a large margin. I suspect the seals and rods are of a tighter tolerance or a better material when Tokico makes them compared to the generic ones that a dozen different brands slap their name on.

I'd expect OEM to last 10-15 years.
I'd expect any aftermarket option from eBay/Amazon/O'Reily to last more like 2-4 years.

$ per year, I think OEM still wins even with that huge price tag. Not saying everyone should buy them, but assuming you keep the car long enough I think OEM is actually the cheap option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom