Honda EU2000i not starting... - "Resolved"? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked mine up today, apparently the carb was the issue. This is second time i have had this when i don't use them. I think these darn things are so fine tuned they don't sit well. Any fuel in the system even after trying to drain em just causes problems..

Good to know. I would think though that running till it stops, then maybe even draining anything left should be fine. It did work out fine for me for several years. Don't recall if I did that last time I put it in storage. I've just taken to running it for a couple of minutes every week, soon to be biweekly or monthly. As long as the gas does not get too old, that should be OK. Some fuel stabilizer would help too, likely.

Here I was testing the start once a week for the last month. Starting to think I am an idiot...

Then, yesterday, out of the blue. Power outage! Honda to the fridge rescue! Ooooh Yeaaaa!

You have some serious steaks in there, maybe venison in the freezer? Get one!

I may get some fuel stabilizer. Suggestions?

Mine won't run unless it's full-choked. I've pulled the carb off and cleaned everything I can get to and it's still jacked. I'm about ready to buy a carb.

before you do that, one easy thing to do: Maybe a long shot since you already cleaned it, but it's so easy, fill it up as is with Seafoam or Carb cleaner and let it sit for a couple of days. I'd try that before spending the $$. I imagine a genuine Honda carb is not cheap. Takes 5 minutes. I was able to resuscitate a dead carb once doing just that.

I'll give that a spin, so to speak :)

One thing this little story with mine told me, is that sometimes you can't just make sense of what is going on, and you can be pleasantly surprised out of nowhere. So, there is always hope...

First. Run only non ethanol. Afaik real repair shops void warranty if you are using ethanol.

Second. Ive seen tons of theze cheap carbs beat the butterfly pivot shaft into a massive vacuum leak(run full choke only)

Agree with real gas, its all I use on small engines and the older car motors. Seafoam is great, I wish I had technical knowledge with these little carbs to do some good. Amazing how it won't start after couple pulls than do the choke all the way and it fires up like nothing.

easy for you guys to say. I don't think you can get real gas in some states any more. Well, aside from race tracks maybe and in tiny bottles at old whisky prices.

and another power outage today. Sheesh, we're turning into a third world country....
Honda to the rescue again. It's much faster to get the generator going and connected than my solar panel / battery / inverter system, both from storage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom