Hj-60 Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey guys. i have a 86 hj-60 with the 6 cyl diesel and the Auto tranny, SOA lift, 35x14ince interco boggers, custom bumpers and winch mount, custome snorkel... and some other bits.

i recently picked up a 84 HJ-60 with a 4 cyl diesel and a stanard tranny.

what im wondering is if the stanard tranny will bolt up to my 6cyl motor 2H motor, also.. would i need a fly wheel from a 6cyl or is it possible to use the 4 cyl one ..????????????????????????

thanks
Andy

some older pics of it. 1 with 35x12.5 mudbrute Tires. and 1 with 33x12.5 tires
small.JPG
IMG_4108a.JPG

Andyvillen said:
hey guys. i have a 86 hj-60 with the 6 cyl diesel and the Auto tranny, SOA lift, 35x14ince interco boggers, custom bumpers and winch mount, custome snorkel... and some other bits.

i recently picked up a 84 HJ-60 with a 4 cyl diesel and a stanard tranny.

what im wondering is if the stanard tranny will bolt up to my 6cyl motor 2H motor, also.. would i need a fly wheel from a 6cyl or is it possible to use the 4 cyl one ..????????????????????????

thanks
Andy

some older pics of it. 1 with 35x12.5 mudbrute Tires. and 1 with 33x12.5 tires

Hi Andy,
The 84 4cyl is most likely a BJ60, not a HJ60, since the 4 cyl engines were all designated as B engines.
\The 2H (6cyl) came with either the auto (A440F), a 4 speed, or a 5 speed (H55F). So in principal it is possible that they work together However, I am not sure the shafts will work together, someone else will certainly help here.
The flywheel off the 3B is not the same as the one off the 2H, as far as I know.
Best,
Jan

Jan-78FJ40 said:
Hi Andy,
The 84 4cyl is most likely a BJ60, not a HJ60, since the 4 cyl engines were all designated as B engines.
\The 2H (6cyl) came with either the auto (A440F), a 4 speed, or a 5 speed (H55F). So in principal it is possible that they work together However, I am not sure the shafts will work together, someone else will certainly help here.
The flywheel off the 3B is not the same as the one off the 2H, as far as I know.
Best,
Jan

So generally speeking, what is a better motor. ???

The 2H will outlast the B series engine easily. Also the 2H is smoother running and has better Horsepower and torque. I believe the b engine in a wagon would be underpowered considering the extra weight , the 2H is no rocket motor either.My opinion only :grinpimp: not meaning to offend anyone with a B engine. :beer:

Andyvillen said:
So generally speeking, what is a better motor. ???

The H series and B series trannies will not cross. The H will cross to the F.

Gotta love the internet eh? Everyone gets to offer an opinion...:D

I believe the 3B is potentally the longer lasting motor, when compared to a 2H.

The 2H lacks piston skirt oil cooling.

By design, a straight 6 will be smoother then a 4cyl.

By no means am I intending to say the 2H is a poor motor. They are well respected as a workhorse around the world.

Maintenance, or lack of, will determine engine life in many situations...

Cool looking rig Andy. Looks like the rear wheel wells and quaters have been cut?

hth's

gb

Last edited:
Right as rain. but only due to rust. it was to hard to remake the body seams and stuff. Turned out ok though. alot of ppl dont even notice that the body seam isnt there.

the 84 Bj-60 i picked up, should be the same cab right ? it has hardley ne rust on it. so i was planning on swapping it to my frame. the Frame and fenders and doors on the BJ are wasted.. the guy must have hit some trees or something.

Is any one on this site from sudbury or Area???

Hey Andy welcome ..

I thought if you have H42 it will be funtion fine with your 2H engine here in Panamá some 2H engines comes with this tranny ..

Anycase I have my 2H engine with H55F and I need to say it was a good engine, trust me, I run a 37" set of tires and and bla bla bla bla ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom