Hiring custom fabricator...’If I had to do it again’ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
Ok...so...I have been thinking about doing sliders, front and rear bumpers, etc. I don’t NEED them based on how I use my LC, but you guys are all the best salesman...so I DO need them.

I found a fabricator that is supposed to be awesome. He works on all kinds of differential mods, etc., mainly on Jeeps. Well, he won’t return my messages etc. The pics of his work looks great, but correspondence is the first step and apparently he doesn’t need my money.

So I have another guy that says he can do everything I want to have done...and my question is: What do you wish you had mentioned or brought up when someone was doing a custom build for your 100? What should I ask? What should I look for, recommend, etc?

Wish I could do it myself....but I am just a driver...and a sorry one at that.

I had a local fabricator build a custom front bumper. Printed out detailed pics of a similar build and an itemized list of the items I wanted changed. I’m happy with how it turned out. The more specific you can be the better, and like most things in life, a picture is worth a thousand words.

That said, if the stock offerings tick all the boxes for you than going custom isn’t really necessary.

Communication is key. If the provider can't respond to your queries, assume they can't respond to your needs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom