Hino WO4C-T engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Anyone want a big power up? 'Apparently' the motor in this Hino is essentially a 3.8L direct injection turbo version of the 3B (like a big 13BT). Apparently power is in the 150-200hp region with around 300-400ft/lb torque. Could use the transmission too maybe? Some say it's a version of the H55. I'm sure would require a lot of custom fab.... Incidentally these are also used as marine engines apparently. Price is right anyhow...

$500 · 1987 hino cab over for sale

Here is the manual for that motor. http://hino-rb145.com/manuals/Hino_RB145_Motors_Workshop_Manual_WO4D_W04C-T.pdf

Some discussion here on that motor: Hino W04C-TI swap

51961737_934.jpg

Last edited:
Cool.......rumor had it that the 3b was designed by hino for toyota?:meh:

I worked on lots of 80's bayliners with hino engines. 32 up to 36 ish was usually a pair of 4 cylinders that looked an awful lot like a 3b, the bigger boats got 6's.

If that thing bolted up to a cruiser tranny, it'd be a no brainer, but I'm guessing it doesn't...:lol:

Seems awfully cheap for a Diesel truck... I'd have to wonder how well it runs.

I'd sure like to know if anyone has done it... especially since I've got a sick 40.

My timing chain has a ton of slop... I'm hoping that's all it is... sometimes I hate owning old trucks... never all finished.

Anyone want a big power up? 'Apparently' the motor in this Hino is essentially a 3.8L direct injection turbo version of the 3B (like a big 13BT). Apparently power is in the 150-200hp region with around 300-400ft/lb torque. Could use the transmission too maybe? Some say it's a version of the H55. I'm sure would require a lot of custom fab.... Incidentally these are also used as marine engines apparently. Price is right anyhow...

$500 · 1987 hino cab over for sale

Here is the manual for that motor. http://hino-rb145.com/manuals/Hino_RB145_Motors_Workshop_Manual_WO4D_W04C-T.pdf

Some discussion here on that motor: Hino W04C-TI swap

51961737_934.jpg
DOES THIS RUN,

Ad is gone. But thats one sexy 6x6

They are known for reliability, the smaller 4.2 six cylinder went head to head with the 5.9 cummins for HP with a much smaller footprint on boats. Pretty sure the big displacement Hino 3.8 would be equally as reliable. I watch a 14b and 15b forums and they work well, my memory sucks but I met a guy at the Texas round up many moons ago with a 14bt in his BJ70 and it ripped.

This thread is a 'first and only post, one sentence wonder' magnet. And in this case 'dads' it seems. :bang:.

Last edited:
The questions are - Did that monster from 2016 ever get made? If so, where is it now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom