HiLux Double Cab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh, In USA we have to get the Tacoma D-cab.
Well, now that there is a TTT section I can sell the 80 and get a Taco DC.
What will I lose with going to a PU over a 80?

0070.jpg

0158.jpg

A Hilux is actually very similar to an 80 Series: Such as Interor size, Seat placment, Aswell as Steering Wheel and Pedel placment. Even the front Brakes are 4 Piston with 295mm diameter Rotors and the rear Drums are 295mm diameter(Same size as early 80 Series).
Biggest difference is Torsions Bars and Leaf Springs compared to 3 Link and 5 Link Coils. :cheers:

I looked at used prices and found what I will lose,about $10,000+ over what I have into my 80.
I will wait a couple of years to get one, usnless I could drive in a HiLux DC.

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=19;threadid=9121;start=msg79402#msg79402 date=1072166305]
Even the front Brakes are 4 Piston with 295mm diameter Rotors and the rear Drums are 295mm diameter(Same size as early 80 Series).
Biggest difference is Torsions Bars and Leaf Springs compared to 3 Link and 5 Link Coils. :cheers:
[/quote]
ats_011.jpg

The new Taco and 3rd Gen 4Runner are all struts (shock/springs) in the front.Torsion Bars are pre 1996. The Runners have coils in the rear and Taco has leaf springs. I don't know metric of hand but the rotors in the front are 13" 4 Piston brakes, Drums Rear

ats_013.jpg

From what I heard, The taco was designed and built in US.
There are still HiLux's in the rest of the world.
I could be wrong or have old news as I quit buying and keeping up on HiLux's when the Taco came out. I was not a happy camper when I tested the Taco.
Now that the DC Taco is out I am 1/2 happy and if the used $$ goes down I might sell/trade off the 80.

http://www.hilux.toyota.com.au/Hilux/HomePage/0,,,00.html

[quote author=3fj40 link=board=19;threadid=9121;start=msg83720#msg83720 date=1073090552]
1. Can't get a double-cab in the 4 cyl,
2. Can't get a double-cab 5 spd,
3. IFS (not related to double-cab).

End of interest for me.
[/quote]

woow woow :eek:
hold on is that in the north americian market? ???

you can't get a double cab with the 5spd?
as in it only comes with an automatic?
as in NO manaul tranny?
i wanted the v6 but if there isn't a manaul tranny option.....screw that i'm not paying 30,somethousand bucks for a compact pickup truck with an auto tranny

[quote author=brian link=board=19;threadid=9121;start=msg83751#msg83751 date=1073094946]
you can't get a double cab with the 5spd? as in it only comes with an automatic? as in NO manaul tranny?
[/quote]

Nope, to the best of my understanding, in most all `zones,' one can not obtain a dual-cab in a manual tranny, none that I have found.

[quote author=3fj40 link=board=19;threadid=9121;start=msg84234#msg84234 date=1073189942]
Nope, to the best of my understanding, in most all `zones,' one can not obtain a dual-cab in a manual tranny, none that I have found.

[/quote]

when I looked at them they told me it was not an option .... ok thanx ... never mind :-\

1. Can't get a double-cab in the 4 cyl,
2. Can't get a double-cab 5 spd,
3. IFS (not related to double-cab).

End of interest for me.
Crew Cab has the option of 3 Litre Diesel(5LE), 3 Litre Turbo Diesel(1KZ-TE) and V6 Petrol.
All Crew Cabs have 5 speed Manual, Except for SR5 with the V6 Petrol. - Which is an option.
All Hilux front Suspension is Torsion Bars.

[quote author=Jonathan_Ferguson link=board=19;threadid=9121;start=msg85369#msg85369 date=1073375459]
Crew Cab has the option of 3 Litre Diesel(5LE), 3 Litre Turbo Diesel(1KZ-TE) and V6 Petrol.
All Crew Cabs have 5 speed Manual, Except for SR5 with the V6 Petrol. - Which is an option.
All Hilux front Suspension is Torsion Bars.
[/quote]

If only we had those options in NA. I've always wanted a doublecab after seeing them in Mexico with solid front axles. I kept my '98 Taco after learning that the auto was the only tranny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom