High-Quality Propane Tanks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jaymar

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to fuel a Partner Steel Cook Partner stove. Who are the players here, for well-built tanks, mounts, covers?

Another vote for the Worthington aluminum. They're worth the money.
Worthington cylinder.JPG

Another vote for the Worthington aluminum. They're worth the money.
View attachment 2716675
Obviously it's going to vary somewhat but, generally speaking--how many cooks would you expect to get out of that using a Cook Partner two-burner? I've always avoided foods that need to be cooked because of time, space and weight considerations , but have decided to give it a whirl...

Don’t forget the Composite Ones

I have the 6# worthington tank and its quality and very light. Little pricey but worth it. I use it to run a hot shower set up but am looking at picking up a cook partner stove too. I have used it on my home bbq when a main tank ran out and I probably got at least 5-6 hours of cook time on a large Weber 4 burner bbq so I bet you easily get more than that with a 2 burner camp stove.

6lb-propane-tank-aluminum_1024x1024_3b3831f4-b1e5-4817-95bb-2d94e1dae864_1024x1024.jpg

Obviously it's going to vary somewhat but, generally speaking--how many cooks would you expect to get out of that using a Cook Partner two-burner? I've always avoided foods that need to be cooked because of time, space and weight considerations , but have decided to give it a whirl...
Well, a similar-sized steel tank took us all the way across southern Africa, and it still had plenty left when we had to leave it behind due to shipping regulations. We have a Cook Partner as well. There's a lot of gas in there. The smaller 6# version BadReligion posted (which I have as well) is equivalent to six one-pound disposable canisters.

I have the 6# worthington tank and its quality and very light. Little pricey but worth it. I use it to run a hot shower set up but am looking at picking up a cook partner stove too. I have used it on my home bbq when a main tank ran out and I probably got at least 5-6 hours of cook time on a large Weber 4 burner bbq so I bet you easily get more than that with a 2 burner camp stove.

View attachment 2717445
Leaning toward this, as the overfill protection isn't available on their smaller aluminum models. (I'm assuming that's important, given that I've no idea who'll be refilling it...) Whose bracket do you use for the 6#?

Last edited:
General question: What length hose do you find yourself using--and do you take the tank off the truck for cooking, use a slideout or separate table?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom