Hidden winch mount. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are there any that you would recommend? I used search function to see some home brewed designs but im no welder. Also saw one TJM design that apparently is made for a oil burner non-US model but one member stated they have same frame.

I'm not aware of any. And you don't have to be a welder. A standard warn winch mount would require some holes drilled. :cheers:

Are there any that you would recommend? I used search function to see some home brewed designs but im no welder. Also saw one TJM design that apparently is made for a oil burner non-US model but one member stated they have same frame.

Do you have a manufacturer part number of the standard mount so i can see what youre referring to. I preused their web page some but apparently missed it.

I would love to know more about what would work. No real need for heavy duty arb style front end, but a winch would be handy.

Interesting. I will email them. Does anyone have experience with this product or company?

That german one looks pretty nice. Although i cant read it i clicked on the install instructions and scrolled thru the pics and it looks legit. Anybody else looks at where it mounts?

Looking to install behind the factory bumper. Has anyone else done it besides the one linked in the FAQ? Personally I'd like to use something like the Warn or Harbor Freight mount plate to put the winch in place.
The one from the German offroad place is awesome, but over 750 euros (~$1000) is not something I'll pay for a winch plate.

The german one does look awesome but price prohibitive at the same time.

Anyone have a build page adapting the generic harbor freight winch plate to the hundy?
http://www.harborfreight.com/universal-channel-winch-mount-90476.html
image_2261.jpg

I am in the process of building a front bumper, which could mean putting the factory back on. Either way a winch will be installed. Things to consider. There is a cross member with 10" on center holes and it will be right behind your winch or could be used as 2 rear mounting holes if you have a small winch with the 10x4.5" mounting holes. My 12k engo won't work that far back. As for a winch plate I think it needs to be 33" wide if you are going to use your frame and tow hook bolts to attach the winch mount to the frame. Here is my winch plate for a bumper I am building. I had to hand cut the holes in 1/2" steel so they are rough and it is not 100 percent square. I will be making another one soon.

Here is a thread that is helpful.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/winch-mounting-in-stock-bumper.588081/

I want to make a winch plate for your exact purpose but the fair lead opening and winch access are the two issues I still need to tackle.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom