This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I’m a new member… my name is Ted H… And I’m addicted to my 4runner. Picked her up in NorCal 2 years ago, drove her home to NY and she’s treated me well. Had her undercarriage coated with fluid film to protect her from our salty roads. When I bought her she had a rough country spacer lift and 2” wheel spacers. We had a heart to heart conversation about that and I helped her get rid of those and I gave her a true suspension lift and some new SCS shoes. She’s got a new timing belt, new plugs, new upper and lower control arms, new tie rods, OCD sway bar links and she even has a Dr kdss bolt on trackbar correction kit. We’ve been on a couple good road trips here in the northeast but are making plans for bigger and better ones.
Here’s her current description:
Silver 05’ 4Runner V8 4.7L Sport, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Dobinsons C59-314B front springs, Dobinsons Aluminum Billet UCA’s, Superpro offset LCA’s, OCD sway bar endlinks, Toytec Superflex RCC2.0-P rear springs, Cooper Discoverer A/T 3 285/70/17 tires, SCS Blaze 10 Wheels with -10mm offset
Here’s a few projects in the works:
1.) Just bought some new tires (MT Baja Boss A/T 285/70R17) they should arrive next week so I’ve gotta get those installed
2.) Just got a great deal on some Caliraised rock sliders but they’re raw so I’ve gotta get them painted and then installed. I’m planning on doing raptor liner
3.) I’ve started a roof rack build. I’ve pulled the OEM roof rack off and bought some brackets from Sherpa and a couple cross bars from Tnutz. That’s been a temporary setup while I’ve got a couple aluminum 6061 rails being fabricated at a buddy’s CNC shop. I’m mimicking the Sherpa design but saving some big bucks while not sacrificing quality. That should be done soon and I’ll finish installation.
Future plans:
1.) I’d love to do a bumper swing out but I’m outta cash so gonna have to save up for that. Meanwhile I’m trying to figure out how and where I’m gonna mount the spare. I don’t want to squish it under the car so I think I’ll temporarily keep it or mount it somehow in the cargo space.
2.) skids
3.) ditch lights and light bar
4.) front bumper
5.) a more complete Dobinsons suspension setup
6.) apple car play and backup camera
7.) yea the list goes on and on… headers, snorkel, yada yada yada
Oh here’s a pic of what she currently looks like.
48DD9870-AF59-4DBC-BF6E-AB4AC2B3762D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom