HF2AV Transfer Case Rear Extension Housing- Cracked!! Sources? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,

So my 1994 80 series had developed a pretty good leak at the rear output shaft seal on the transfer case (enough to where it was leaving puddles of gear oil on the garage floor). After finally getting all the parts together earlier this week, I decided it was time to tackle the project. I removed the rear t-case housing extension, cleaned everything up, replaced the bearing and seal, and re-assembled the housing extension per the write-up on here that was done in 2006 (great write-up, btw). Now time to slap some FIPG on the mating surfaces and bolt it back together.... right?!

Well I was having issues with the pump spacer ring staying put as I was seating the housing extension.... but I thought I finally had it. I started torquing down all the bolts that hold the t-case housing in place, and I hear a "CRACK".... oh NO. I look at my housing extension and it's definitely got a good sized crack in it.

Here's a photo of the housing that has cracked... this is off the Marlin Crawler website, but it's the same part. It's cracked at the top of the housing to the left of where the sensors are.

7360.JPG

My local Toyota dealership says this part has been discontinued, although Toyotapartsdeal.com doesn't necessarily reflect that.

Can you guys point me towards a source for a new/used housing? I would assume sourcing another part would be easier than having aluminum welded. I know Cruiserparts shows complete used transfer cases but I don't need an entire transfer case. I don't see this part listed at Cruiser Outfitters either.

Any assistance is much appreciated. It's really irritating being in this situation because of my own carelessness, but here we are.

Thanks!

@slow95z
@arcteryx

Both of these guys will have this. May need to buy an entire used transfer case. It's be a good time to go through it with all new bearings, etc.

All,

So my 1994 80 series had developed a pretty good leak at the rear output shaft seal on the transfer case (enough to where it was leaving puddles of gear oil on the garage floor). After finally getting all the parts together earlier this week, I decided it was time to tackle the project. I removed the rear t-case housing extension, cleaned everything up, replaced the bearing and seal, and re-assembled the housing extension per the write-up on here that was done in 2006 (great write-up, btw). Now time to slap some FIPG on the mating surfaces and bolt it back together.... right?!

Well I was having issues with the pump spacer ring staying put as I was seating the housing extension.... but I thought I finally had it. I started torquing down all the bolts that hold the t-case housing in place, and I hear a "CRACK".... oh NO. I look at my housing extension and it's definitely got a good sized crack in it.

Here's a photo of the housing that has cracked... this is off the Marlin Crawler website, but it's the same part. It's cracked at the top of the housing to the left of where the sensors are.

7360.JPG

My local Toyota dealership says this part has been discontinued, although Toyotapartsdeal.com doesn't necessarily reflect that.

Can you guys point me towards a source for a new/used housing? I would assume sourcing another part would be easier than having aluminum welded. I know Cruiserparts shows complete used transfer cases but I don't need an entire transfer case. I don't see this part listed at Cruiser Outfitters either.

Any assistance is much appreciated. It's really irritating being in this situation because of my own carelessness, but here we are.

Thanks!
Ask both vendors just to send the output

Central ga. Got about 6 or 8 and they are in the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom