HF2A vs HF2AV Transfer case dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The vehicle is a 1997 FZJ80 with an HF2F installed as a replacement for the HF2AV. I did this about 10 years ago, I have a vague memory the drive shafts were different lengths. Due to a maintenace brain fault, I neglected to grease the splines (yes !! I neglected to do that. ) and now the shaft / splines are toast. This happened just as we were leaving for XMAS, we are now 1500 miles away. I would like to start to get parts to have on hand when we return.
Does anyone have a clew about how to order a replacement? As anyone else done this? I believe the HF2A is shorter than the 2AV and therefore the drive shaft would be longer.
I recall the shaft was actually a direct fit from something, I actually had one on hand that fit. I most likely would have had a spare FJ60 drive shaft. Does this sound reasonable?
This is a bit of a shot in the dark. I appologize for that. Thanks in advance, Dan

Wouldn't a 91-92 FJ80 (without VC) fit? I bet Cruiser Outfitters could hook you up.

Wouldn't a 91-92 FJ80 (without VC) fit? I bet Cruiser Outfitters could hook you up.

You nailed it. An FJ80 rear shaft would be a direct fit.

Thank you all. We are home from a holiday family trip and I got the drive shaft off. It is 40 plus inches long. I removed the yolk, both the female splines and bearing were bad. I have been at this Land Cruiser thing for just undre 40 years, 1986. Long story short I still have random parts and happened to have a good yolk that was an exact replacement. 3 quick squirts of grease and it was ready to install.
So far so good, 20 miles or so and smooth as silk. Now I just need to remember to grease it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom