Heritage Edition question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I see a few 2020 Heritage Editions posted by dealers with the standard grille, and without the gold BBS wheels.
And some also have 3 rows of seats.
Were there some HE's that did not have those items as standard equipment?
I had thought that the wheels/grille/lack of 3rd row, were what made them HEs....
I am hoping for clarification, thanks!

2020 Heritage Editions have:

1. Model specific darker grille and headlight housing.
2. Forged bronze BBS wheels
3. Full grain leather seats (not semi-aniline ) with bronze stitching, bronze stitching on steering wheel, and bronze stitching on interior pieces
4. No cool box in arm rest
5. No running boards.
6. No chrome door trim.
7. Two row seats only.
8. Roof storage basket.
8. Retro “Toyota Land Cruiser” badging on both rear sides of the vehicle.

2021 Heritage has all the above plus was with 3 row seating.

I may be missing something as I’m going by memory.

Note: Of course since the vehicles are used now people may have added/deleted parts. Some folks have added parts to look like the HE.

Hope this helps!

Black mirror caps are also a feature. Keep in mind that a base level trim was also available for 2020 and 2021 so they may simply be listing the vehicle incorrectly and indicating it is an "HE" when it is a actually a "Base".

There are a ton of improperly listed LC’s out there, and even a few very close clone HE’s. Once you get an eye for an HE you’ll can spot them pretty quick.

Most get rid of the stupid roof rack pretty quick, so don’t let that be the first indicator.

HE’s also have a black head liner inside.

gold stitching interior is something that is almost ‘impossible’ to replicate on the HE

I read somewhere that the Bronze BBS Heritage wheels were closely guarded by Toyota dealerships requiring a VIN and photos of wheels needing replacement. Do you guys know if this is still the case? I'm seeing listed online for HE wheelsets available from Dealerships.

I read somewhere that the Bronze BBS Heritage wheels were closely guarded by Toyota dealerships requiring a VIN and photos of wheels needing replacement. Do you guys know if this is still the case? I'm seeing listed online for HE wheelsets available from Dealerships.
I ordered an additional wheel as my spare and they asked me for my VIN, but that was in 2020. My guess is that once the initial HE owners got what they needed they are looking to disperse the bulk of stock in HE wheels. I can't think they will sit on them long term since wheels are easily swapped with alternatives and the "cool" factor kind of fades.

They are nice wheels though - easy to clean and they are staying relatively rash-free.

Used to be that you had to provide a VIN to get purchase approval. This last year i purchased a complete 2nd set and did not need any verification.

I ordered an additional wheel as my spare and they asked me for my VIN, but that was in 2020. My guess is that once the initial HE owners got what they needed they are looking to disperse the bulk of stock in HE wheels. I can't think they will sit on them long term since wheels are easily swapped with alternatives and the "cool" factor kind of fades.

They are nice wheels though - easy to clean and they are staying relatively rash-free.
Makes total sense. thanks for the insight into your experience. Side note, I see a set of black 18" BBS TRD wheels off a '21 Tundra TRD PRO up for sale locally, They look identical to the Bronzed BBS Heritage wheels....do i have that right?

wheels.jpeg

Used to be that you had to provide a VIN to get purchase approval. This last year i purchased a complete 2nd set and did not need any verification.
Very helpful. Sounds like the regulations may have changed. After all, each wheel is 1234.80

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.10.30 AM.png

Makes total sense. thanks for the insight into your experience. Side note, I see a set of black 18" BBS TRD wheels off a '21 Tundra TRD PRO up for sale locally, They look identical to the Bronzed BBS Heritage wheels....do i have that right?
Believe they are the same wheel other than the finish.

Very helpful. Sounds like the regulations may have changed. After all, each wheel is 1234.80
You should be able to purchase for about half that (well it does look like price has gone up since my orde, but still a 1/3rd off. Try:

You should be able to purchase for about half that (well it does look like price has gone up since my orde, but still a 1/3rd off. Try:

I'm reminded again how valuable this community is. many thanks 😀🙏

2020 Heritage Editions have:

1. Model specific darker grille and headlight housing.
2. Forged bronze BBS wheels
3. Full grain leather seats (not semi-aniline ) with bronze stitching, bronze stitching on steering wheel, and bronze stitching on interior pieces
4. No cool box in arm rest
5. No running boards.
6. No chrome door trim.
7. Two row seats only.
8. Roof storage basket.
8. Retro “Toyota Land Cruiser” badging on both rear sides of the vehicle.

2021 Heritage has all the above plus was with 3 row seating.

I may be missing something as I’m going by memory.

Note: Of course since the vehicles are used now people may have added/deleted parts. Some folks have added parts to look like the HE.

Hope this helps!
Good List.

21HE also allowed for 3rd row delete.

Along OP's original question...I've seen what they have as well. I understand how it could be listed incorrectly on auto trader etc, but even the carfax have them as HE, while missing all of items listed above. I've seen a handful now. Link below...

Obviously not a HE by requirements listed above, is this a VIN error at the carfax/reporting level, or could you order a HE without basically all the appearance? Interestingly 2 of them have had terra interiors...which I thought wasn't available on HE?

Autotrader "HE"

Carfax "HE"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom