Here we go again...275k mile WS transmission svc?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So just picked up a good deal on a 2006 hundy and figured out partly why after I inspected it but I knew it was going to need some work. So the list so far is a new rack and pinoin, cv axles, spark plugs, timing belt kit with water pump, full driveline svc and some wipers. My question is with the WS transmission fluid. The first 220k miles of the trucks life was spent being serviced at the Toyota dealership but it was two owners ago so I don't specific records, just what was listed on Carfax. I know Toyota says to not change the fluid but that goes against all I believe in(I'm a svc advisor at a GMC dealership). The owner I purchased from had no idea if or when the transmission was ever serviced but it shift super smoothly. I'm just concerned about doing it now with so many miles on it(supposedly mostly hwy miles though). I svc'd my mother in laws GX470 and my old 2005 Sequoia but both of those were just under 100k miles. So my question is do I risk changing out all the fluid now or do a drain and fill 3-4 times over the next 5-6k miles?

i changed my 06' ATF at 211k miles. i didn't notice an improvement i'll say that and the job is a pita with no dipstick to refill from. if it were my truck as above i'd change the fluid

I would do a full ATF fluid exchange than a regular drain and fill, that will ensure fresh WS ATF circulates inside the tranny. Also at that mileage I would pull down the pan, and replace the gasket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom