Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all, thanks for the acceptance, I am doing a front brake overhaul, bearing repack on a 91 Toyota pickup 4wd, I made the mistake of opening up the freewheel hub and am stumped as far as putting it back together, the thing I can’t figure out s how the spring goes into the larger gear
Would appreciate any help

19BF135A-8D4A-4220-A16D-7E7D434851C1.jpeg

CA2DBA4B-C899-47E0-A464-BC1EE31F16D5.jpeg

B3257273-B812-4FFF-B44F-8DA7254EA9DA.jpeg

Here you go.

Welcome to our slice of MUD, and pardon me while I laugh my ass off. Welcome to this jigsaw puzzle.

It looks like you are missing a piece. I've attached two pictures. That spring coils into the clutch into a groove. There is a part missing from your parts lineup. The spring coils inside this part, and the end with the hook sits up against one of the tab.

hub clutch.jpg

hub clutch-2.jpg

The main spring then sits on top of that assembly, and presses onto the cover/handle assembly.

clutch with main spring.jpg

The main spring then presses up against the cover, and the tabs on that piece I don't see in your pic presses into the cover and twists to lock the mess together.

clutch into cover.jpg

Last edited:
My only suggestion, coming from learning the hard way, is never separate that minor assembly. Just leave the spring on the clutch and clean it as an assembly. It's a pain in the rear to get back together.

Last edited:
Here you go.

My only suggestion, coming from learning the hard way, is never separate that minor assembly. Just leave the spring on the clutch and clean it as an assembly. It's a pain in the rear to get back together.
thanks for your help, After much ado I think I figured out what happened , I will update later

Here you go.

Thankyou that is helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom