help with loose bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
found this loose bolt. the wire seems to be coming from coil. ground maybe?

20221105_165023.jpg

It's a ground for the igniter (coil + magic that I don't understand). I believe it bolts to the 'hook' (metal bracket with a hole in it for lifting the engine) on the top of the engine, roughly between the valve cover and the power steering reservoir.

19FC73B8-A65B-41D7-878A-4CFFB5DF3BBC.jpeg

This is what he is talking about. You don’t seem to have the same motor, I don’t have any idea. My ac compressor is not next to my oil filter...

Last edited:
View attachment 3160198

This is what he is talking about. You don’t seem to have the same motor, I don’t have any idea. My ac compressor is not next to my oil filter...
thx . my motor is 3fe (usa). every thing seems to work fine- except the ac that stopped working. the compressor dont get 12v...

thx . my motor is 3fe (usa). every thing seems to work fine- except the ac that stopped working. the compressor dont get 12v...
and yes gummycarbs has a different motor. so.. anyone?

What’s to know? The bolt looks loose, it is a ground I’d say. I saw a few like this on my brother’s 96. Did you chase it back?

I’d unbolt, clean everything to bright, re-install, and consider coating with dielectric grease or fluid film.

Where it goes.
Ok so it wasn’t physically traced back to its source then…

Assuming it is legit and supposed to be there, the surfaces should still be cleaned and the connection bolted tight so it can do its job properly.

Passenger side of the block. If you poke around a little, there should be an open hole for that bolt. IIRC, that wire is just the right length, so it should be easy to find.

5512D24E-8222-4B13-BAE0-F0BF04BCAE0A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom