help with auto door unlock... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1995 FZJ80...(these are damn nice rigs)

understand only the door unlock doesn't work... please read the whole post... i've read everything i can find about this problem...

yes i have cleaned the contacts... 2x's
then i bought a new switch module... installed it yesterday... and although the windows operate faster... still can't unlock the doors... locking works fine...

another piece of info... when the rig is started... after a few seconds... all the doors lock... as it should... when it turn the truck off... sometimes < 50% of the time the doors will unlock like they should...

should i look for a broken wire in the door and does this wiring end up in the left foot rest?

could it be the black relay box in the door... just affecting the unlook? hope not this thing is $280+!

ideas please... already spent $200+ i didn't need to... but c-dan is a nice guy...

oh and i have an extra gray switch module... if anyone needs some parts... the window lock is apart...

thanks!

It does sound like a wiring problem. maybe something is grounded somewhere. Do you have the FSM electrical manual. The only way I know how to troubleshoot electrical items is to cut it down to pieces and then trace it back to the source. I.e. If you disconnect the pass lock, does it do the same thing, drivers lock same thing. See if you can use the FSM to disconnect everything rear of the Drivers lock, If it still does the same thing, you will know what direction to go.

Probably more philosophy than help, but its the best I could come up with

Casey, wish I could help, but I suffer from similar problem, only my drievers side lock is lazy, and will not lock by power switch, I have to do it manually. All other door locks work fine. I took control box apart and cleaned, but did not solve. My next step like you is to look inside door for actuator that works lock and see if it is in need of cleaning. In my process of cleaning armrest control box, i managed to pop and lose the pesky little leaf spring that is part of the Window lock button. Did you say you have a spare now, and if so I would be willing to purchase......hate to have to go after complete control box only because I am missing that spring. Good luck, and if I find solution I will let you know.

jato

i have most of the parts... i have the springs that go in the window lock button... send me your address... and NO $

there is a very small one that is wrapped and then has a short end and a long end with a bend in it... the other is a "normal" spring 5/8" long and 3/8 in diameter... which one is it you need...

Casey, thanks for quick reply. The first spring you describe, very small, long and short ends, wrapped in middle is the one I lost. Very kind of you wanting no $ and I sincerely appreciate. Hope I can return the favor sometime. My address: James Tower, 1896 Seven Lakes Drive, Loveland, CO 80538. Many Thanks!!! And if I figure my problem out, will let you know.....ie door lock. JATO

I had a similar problem when I bought my LX 450 -- the passenger door would not unlock. In my case, I had a broken wire on the Driver's side door panel. IIRC, the main controler for the locks is in the DS door. Fortunately for me, mine was repaired under warranty.

i'm thinking it is a broken wire somewhere...

was driving back to des moines from KC yesterday and started playing with the lock/inlocl switch... while is was driveing the unlock would work just fine... when we stopped, it didn't work... did notice some black electrical tape around the rubber wire harness cover between the door and the door jab... prpbably in there.. time to go searching!

thanks guys!

James,

send it out tomorrow... at work now... sending the entire window lock assembly... just in case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom