Help! with alarm and remote key fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I don't know what happened and don't know how to fix it ...

I got out of my 97 FJZ80 this a.m., hit the top "lock" button on my Toyota key fob, and my alarm started going off (says Toyota Security with a red blinking button on the dash). Perhaps I hit the wrong button on the fob, I dunno.

Well, I couldn't get it to stop by hitting buttons on the key fob, so I unlocked the door with the key, and started the engine up. The alarm stopped after a few more seconds of blaring.

Next, I tried to lock the truck as usual with the key fob, and the remote locking function didn't work. I tried unlocking and locking remotely and nothing worked.

How do I get the fob to remotely lock/unlock the truck again????

Try re-programming the remote. Instructions should be in your owner's manual. If you can't find instructions and have the RS3000 unit try the following: With the ignition turned on, press the red button (do not hold down) on the box under the driver's seat. Your alarm light should start blinking. Press your remote button. http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/alarminfo/alarminfo.htm has a manual fro the RS3000. The link is not working ATM, but hopefully it is just a temporary problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom