HELP!!! Tried to install Prado 150 vland led tail lights on my 17 gx460 now my brake running lights, license plate light, and fog lights won’t turn on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the plug on the vland lights wasn’t the right plug so I took the pins out and tested the leads and when I figured out which wires went to where I tested them and they worked perfectly, the sequential leds blinked the running lights were on and when I pressed my brakes they glowed brighter as they should, I unplugged everything took the lights off and locked my car for the night. In the morning since I had both set of tail lights I took the oem plug off and used it for the wires on the vland so they’d plug in with the oem connectors. I plugged them in and Everything worked fine but at night I noticed my whole back end of the truck didn’t light up unless I pressed the brakes . Then I noticed my fog lights weren’t on, but when I press my hazard button the license plate light and third brake light and even fog lights blink with the blinkers . I unplugged the vlands and connected the oem ones and the same thing happens.

I know this may sound stupid, and I've personally done it before, but did you double/triple check that ALL the lights with ALL possible combinations of being on/off with all the other lights worked before shutting everything down?

I know this may sound stupid, and I've personally done it before, but did you double/triple check that ALL the lights with ALL possible combinations of being on/off with all the other lights worked before shutting everything down?
yes everything was working when I shut everything down

Reactions: r2m
Just wanted to report I found the fix. It was the FOG fr (fog front) 10 FUSE located under the dash/steering wheel

This fixed the tail light/brake light/license plate light, running light issue as well
Just wonder what caused it to fry? ... and that it doesn't happen again.

Just wonder what caused it to fry? ... and that it doesn't happen again.
It was because I had the car running while I was testing the leads to the new tail light to see which wire was brake, which wire was signal, which wire was running, etc and it must have shorted something when I was testing.

Reactions: r2m
Really cool that you did this and I stumbled upon this! I'm planning to do the same thing here shortly. I am gathering Prado parts for a budget conversion of my wife's 2012. I don't want to ask you to take the tail light back off or anything but did you happen to take a picture/notes of the process? Wondering if I could use your work as a shortcut so I don't have to also blow any fuses testing with leads!

And either way, do you have a picture of the finished product? Would love to see how it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom