Help putting a price on my 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Time has come. I haven't really had time to play with my truck for the last few years and it's time to move on. Can you all help me to put a price on her? Here is a list of Mod's and extras. Motor has about 35k as well as H55.

1985 Toyota fj60

• Arb Front Bumper

• Warn 8274 winch

• 50 ft bubba rope

• Winch Solenoid upgrade

• Headlights----

• Dual Stainless Steel Battery trays

• National Luna battery monitor

• Front Shackles reversed

• Saginaw Power Steering Pump

• AC Blows Cold

• U Bolt Flip Kit

• ARB compressor

• ARB Air Lockers Front and rear

• Affordable Fuel Injection TBI

• JIM C Carb also

• Safari Snorkel

• 4ft Firestik Antenna

• Wagon Gear Antenna Mount

• Wagon Gear under Seat storage

• Wagon Gear side storage with speakers

• Wagon gear rear hatch storage

• Tuffy Console

• Cruiser Crap Sound deadening throughout

• Subaru Outback seats

• Sliding rear windows

• U bolt flip kit

• White Knuckle Sliders

• Custom rear bumper dual swingarm

• High Lift Jack

• Custom roof rack

• ARB Roof Top Tent

• ARB Awning

• 17 inch FJ Cruiser Steel Wheels

• 1.5 Wheel Spacers

• Blue Sea fuse box ( mounted in rear panel)

• 40 gallon fuel cell ( Man a free)

• 8 Gallon air tank mounted in rear not hooked to anything

• Braided stainless brake lines

• OME Shocks and Man a free springs with an ad a leaf in the rear.

• USB Port in Dash

Extra Parts

• Jim C rebuilt Carb, Air cleaner etc

• Long SIde front Inner Axle

• Windshield wiper motor

• Brake booster

• Numerous switches etc

• All Hoses and Belts spares new

• Spark plug set new

• Rear Brakes new set in box

Rust?
How is the frame?
Total mileage?

You would need to find someone who is looking for one already done, with deep pockets. 5 years ago this would have been a 10-15K truck max (I know as I sold one almost like this for that price).
Now with the hipsters wanting one, it could be 20-30K. With yours looking expedition ready there you go.

I would sell off the RTT and the awning as they will add little to the overall price.

I would love to see some pictures of this 60 Please!! So what is going to be your
asking price for this rig? If price is right I want her..

Sadly these built cruisers never fetch what they are worth. Every time you bolt something on, the market gets thinner. Bone stock always seems to attract more buyers and higher dollars.

Like others have said, you’ll be much better off taking off all the bolt on accessories and selling them separately. Return your cruiser to as close to stock as possible and see what eBay says. Here’s a stock 60 with low miles that sold recently...

D9B5A87C-E1F0-4864-872B-DA99AA783C22.png

Not sure if the buyer followed through or not, but it had 40+ bids.

I will get some more pictures up here in the next few days. There are some videos and such on my Instagram. I know I will NEVER get near what I have into it at this stage. If someone made me an reasonable offer I would be happy. I just have been out of the day to day and don't know what I should consider reasonable?

Rust?
How is the frame?
Total mileage?

You would need to find someone who is looking for one already done, with deep pockets. 5 years ago this would have been a 10-15K truck max (I know as I sold one almost like this for that price).
Now with the hipsters wanting one, it could be 20-30K. With yours looking expedition ready there you go.

I would sell off the RTT and the awning as they will add little to the overall price.
Frame is solid no rust other than a little surface rust on the springs and shackles. Total Miles in the 225k range. Motor and Trans about 35k. Motor was built by Gary Duckworth Racing Engines in Maryville Illinois. RV Cam and Headers and TBI.

Here are some older pictures from when we did overland rally in washington. I will get here out and take some pictures this weekend. Thanks everyone for the help.

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7515.jpg

Ok, so I bought this one a couple months ago for $13K...148K miles and the engine was just rebuilt by a Toyota dealer in Arizona. Came with that receipt (over $11,000) and a couple others showing the guy had spent over $12K less than 1,000 miles ago. That is not to say that there are not plenty of projects left (desmog, H55, lift, radiator leak, and odds and ends). I feel like I got a steal and will be able to get the new tranny and still come out ahead.

Given what I have seen you should easily get over $20K. I would shine her up and get lots of cool pics in the woods and list everything it comes with. I bet you could get north of $25 if the right person comes along. Tell as story with your listing as that is what people are buying. Its not just another car in the driveway, but a lifetime of memories......:) Really key in on the H55 conversion as that is easily a $3,500-4K upgrade and what every FJ60 owner wants. I would of paid over $20K for yours when I bought mine knowing what I know now....
FJ60Lift.PNG

Last edited:
Nice truck, and a lot of expensive extra’s. You have to find the right buyer.

My personal opinion is that rhino lining may be functional, but it kills resale value

I think its all about patience. My seller was ready to cut losses and walk away and I benefited from that....I was bidding on several trucks that were more finished at a much higher price and was outbid on many of them before I pulled the trigger on this one when the high bidder no showed. Advertise it well and take your time to get best price.

If I win the Powerball I will give you $1,000,000...

Oh chit I didn't buy any tickets, oh well.

There's been a few similar threads in the past year, and it seems like whenever it comes up, it ends up the fully built rigs with accessories are suggested at values under $10k... and the selller ends up keeping it.

Put it on BaT and let the market decide. They also have a nice chart that shows previous sales and you can read up on all the ones that have sold or not to see how they compare to yours. You can always go with a reserve price.

Don’t sell it. You will never be able to replace it if you do. If it’s rust free with good paint it will bring top dollar. It all depends on the market that week, I have seen some awesome 60s go for nothing and have seen some bad ones go for quite a bit. Considering stock, tired 60s can fetch $8000 to $10,000, I would assume yours is easily worth $18,000-$20,000 at minimum. Again it all depends on condition and it’s hard to tell from your photos. Like I said about the market fluctuating.... you could put it on eBay and it may only bring $13,000 or it could bring $25,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom