Help posting a picture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For us computer challenged, could someone kindly explain to me how I post a picture on this site? I have my picture downloaded from my camera saved in a .JPG format but do not understand how to insert it into a message.

If I select the insert picture icon it asks for an address which I have no idea what it is looking for.

Your help will be appreciated!

Thank you...

The pictures I have are the proper size/resolution, when I enter to insert an image it is asking for a URL filename?? If I enter the address where my picture is located on my computer it just prints the entire address in the message. Obviously I am doing something wrong, anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Since the image is still on your hard drive, I assume you're trying to attach the pic. To do that, you don't want to click "insert", you want to click "Manage Attachments" near the bottom of the screen. Then you browse for the pic on your HD. Then complete the post without previewing it.

Another way to post pics is by using a third-party photo hosting website. I use www.imageshack.us, but there are others like photobucket, etc. You upload your picture, whatever size, there and copy and paste the url you're given into your post on MUD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom