Help needed. 12HT smokes blue after complete re-build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Smokes Blue, but smells like diesel. Could it be the injection timing??

Could be anything or a combination. Generally,blue smoke is oil burn but that looked like you have some air in the fuel lines.Could be injection timing but the smoke appeared to be going away as the engine warmed up

if you check timing & compression then if all good look at injectors if u have a temp gun check exhaust ports when running it looked like when first started after cold start kick out in the pump it was ok until you reved it have u got better video

Beyond the above ideas, how new is the overhaul?

I wonder if the rings have seated, etc? Many times, it can take a little while for all the new parts to break in and seal, which will help with any oil burn (Blue smoke)and likely raise compression a little, especially when cold(Diesel smell).

Just an idea.

Smoke -- especially blacker smoke -- can mean more fuel than air. If you have the fuel but not enough O2 then the fuel is not burned and comes out as black smoke. It does not really hurt (won't foul plugs!). Running lean can make white smoke (too much air, not enough fuel). They need to be matched well to get best results.

That smoke looks white.. and I suspect its overfuelling..

In this day and age why are we looking at a video that looks to be shot from the very first flip phone?

It does look white through all that pixilation

whaaa? white smoke for over fueling?
Generally black is over fuelling.
White is incomplete combustion from either incorrect injection timing causing low cylinder pressure or low compression. The white smoke is raw completely unburnt fuel. This is assuming there are no coolant leaks/coolant getting into the combustion chamber.

yeah i was replying to the post above me. it didnt make sense

When a diesel is significantly overfuelled.. the smoke ends up white.

Smoke -- especially blacker smoke -- can mean more fuel than air. If you have the fuel but not enough O2 then the fuel is not burned and comes out as black smoke. It does not really hurt (won't foul plugs!). Running lean can make white smoke (too much air, not enough fuel). They need to be matched well to get best results.

Errrrm, how does a diesel run lean?
Too much air and not enough fuel just means low rpm, low power no?

I'd also consider air in fuel system.
If its sucking in air, your timing will be all over the place.
As above raw, unburned fuel produces white smoke, it will stink of diesel and be running rough

More info/input ftom the OP will get better answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom