Help Me Decide - 100 or 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Your’s is a good looking one as well! We enjoyed some time in your state in February chasing the Arizona Quail Grand Slam. We did it - all three species in three days.
Thats awesome man, I've actually never pulled that one off! The gambles have been tougher to track down the last few years with the drought so we have mainly focused on the Mearns dec-feb. If you ever make it back give me shout!

Have any pictures of the dog box/drawer setup. Keep the 100!

CFB59276-7695-4A6F-9CE0-BD8ACFB6122A.jpeg

40BD5D77-9259-4590-AF32-7F4D80DA7329.jpeg

The pic of the drawer contents are off of the manufacturer’s website - my guns aren’t that nice: TransK9.com

Thats awesome man, I've actually never pulled that one off! The gambles have been tougher to track down the last few years with the drought so we have mainly focused on the Mearns dec-feb. If you ever make it back give me shout!

I found the Mearns to be the tough bird for me. I hunted that one for two days - 14 miles of hiking along the Mexican border in almost vertical conditions to flush four 8-bird coveys and harvest two males. I got both the Gambels and Scaled knocked out in the same day.

I found the Mearns to be the tough bird for me. I hunted that one for two days - 14 miles of hiking along the Mexican border in almost vertical conditions to flush four 8-bird coveys and harvest two males. I got both the Gambels and Scaled knocked out in the same day.
If its too warm and the air isn't moving it can definitely be tough. I usually get a full day on Saturdays and half day on Sundays and most weekends can track down a limit at least one of the two days. You really have to get vertical and put on the miles to pull it off though (Sounds like you did). At the beginning of the season, you can hunt the rollers with success but that quickly passes as most people choose the easier country. Were you more around Sierra Vista or Nogales?

The 200 is tougher, plus it’s much more capable than the 100. Much more powerful too.
And why is everyone saying they require more maintenance?
They don’t need the timing belt service that the 100 does, the CVs are a non issue compared to the 100, brakes are much easier(rotors take 5 minutes to change) ... What am I missing that takes so much maintenance compared to the 100?

An observation...if 100 guys are recommending the 200...that says a lot. Usually there is a bias depending on what forum/brand/model people own.

200 > 100, mathematically speaking ....

An observation...if 100 guys are recommending the 200...that says a lot. Usually there is a bias depending on what forum/brand/model people own.

...that’s why I posted in the 100 forum. And I agree, pretty compelling that most of the feedback is to keep the 200 over the hunny.

...that’s why I posted in the 100 forum. And I agree, pretty compelling that most of the feedback is to keep the 200 over the hunny.
Do you work on your own rig or take it to someone?

I work on the 100 myself. I take the 200 to the dealer.
Gotcha. I ask because if you work on both it will become apparent really quick how much heavier all of the components on the 200 are compared to the 100. There is some serious beef under the skin of a 200. Frame, cv axles, brakes, control arm mounts, shock bolts, kdss swaybars,...on and on. Most of the guys that talk about the 100 being better built or more rugged than the 200 have never turned a wrench on one. They look at the body and just think it’s a newer cream puff. The 200 is a serious upgrade in almost every way over the 200.
Some people may prefer the look of the 100 over the 200, but that’s really the only advantage the 100 has.

The saying around here is buy the newest best maintained land cruiser you can afford and that can jump models if you can afford it. I'd go for a 200 but my budget keeps me on the 100, one day I'll upgrade, the 100 still has a lot of life left.

I agree with the general consensus: If you can afford a 200 get a 200.

The reason most of us don't have 200's currently:
1. Price
2. Looks
3. Less aftermarket support (But that will continue to change as the price of 200's slowly falls)

I am a bird hunter as well and I cross shopped the 100 and 200 when I bought my 100 last year. Ultimately, I went with the 100 because this was my 3rd "dailable" car and I did not see the need for my hunt truck / winter fun car to be that expensive (did it with a raptor a few years ago but that was when I only had 1 car)

I spent a couple of months shopping (not many in my area) for a 200 series this past fall / winter. After driving my wifes 2017 GX, it made me want something newer even more. As much as I wanted one, I couldn't help but think that I may regret it as I do love my 2005 LC. And at 160k miles, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my 100, so "upgrading" is definitely not needed. I even thought about getting a 200 and keeping the 100, but that would make 4 SUV's in a family with 2 drivers. So with that being said, I have nothing to add other than I believe it's all personal preference. Both are exceptional vehicles, just pick the one that you will miss the least.

Something to consider...are you willing to take your 4 year old 200 down the same trails you are you're 100?

Personally, I can't imagine treating a 2016 200 the same as I do my 19 year old 100. I think I'd cry each time I heard the squeal of another pinstripe being added to the paint...but, we're not talking about me. Its your rigs and your money. Just something to consider before selling one or the other. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom