Help It's driving me demented (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi to all
I need some advice re an overheating 1996 Landrover Discovery. We bought it to bush bash in the Pilbara and it began overheating. Thinking it was a thermostat prob we changed that, then the water pump, radiator, viscous fan, head gaskets, all to no effect. Finally changed the auxiliary fans at the front and feeling confident started her up. Sure enough she overheated sitting at around 90 and this is after driving around a tiny outback town at 40k. When we switched the engine and popped the bonnet all the green coolant bubbling out. What on earth are we missing?. It's driving us mental. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had enough experience with Disco, but I know the overheating is often caused by a bad cooling fan. Maybe you'll need to get your cooling fan replaced. If that doesn't help, ask in Landrover forums www.landroverforums.com

take it to a shop and have a special coolant adapter and unit that places a vacume on the coolant system. Then it will suck in the coolant and there should be no over heating. Have you checked for coolant flow out of the heater hose? Take a empty milk gallon, put the heater hose in it, let it idle, time how much it takes to fill up the gallon then I will post it on iatn.net

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom