Help choosing the right cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If there is a better place to post this please let me know:

Hey guys, I’ve been looking at getting a cruiser for a little while and I’m a bit unsure which would be best for me. Wondering if anyone can provide some advice or insight, happy to provide more info if it helps!

Use case: Mainly touring and 4wd tracks, I want to be able to go anywhere and go to places and camp places you can only get with a 4wd. Would like to be able to do harder 4wd tracks (looking at SFA) but unsure how often with would turn out to be compared to touring (touring:track ratio, at a guess 70:30).

It’s NOT intended to be a daily driver, I don’t need to drive much to get to places I need to go daily, most places are walking distance or public transport and I WFH.
Examples of places I want to go, if this helps: Cape York
Glasshouse mountains
K’gari island
Tour round Tasmania, Climies Track
Victorian High Country
Estimated use per year, not including day trips: 40 nights away first 12-18months due to work, more after this

What I’ve been looking at till now:

Mostly 79 series single cab (either FTE or FTV engine)

78 series troopy (either FTE or FTV engine, concern here is comments about being top heavy on harder tracks, not driven one so unsure how this feels. WFH could make this option pretty good for touring)

80 series (1HDFT, seem a lot more expensive than they used to be, getting hard to find any with ‘lower’ kms in good condition)

105 series, FTE swap (not seen more than 1-2 for sale, would probably mean buying a 1HZ or petrol 105 and then doing a conversion, unsure if cost is worth it at that point)

You might look in this "vehicle tech section", then look into the series Land Cruiser section you're interested in. At the top of each sections you might find FAQs that will give you guidance. You will probably get better, quicker answers to your questions in those sections. You can use the search function in each section too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom