Help! FZJ80 (low) Idle issues, P0510, P0121 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been having idle issues for some time -- my 97 has been trying to idle so low that it stumbles and dies. It threw P0510 once before and I replaced the TPS, setting the new one per FSM. That didn't fix the idle. For some time I was able to drive it without any codes but it wouldn't idle -- then it started throwing P0510 again. More recently it threw P0121. I checked the TPS adjustment and performed the test for P0121 and both should be OK -- but I'm getting a code and my car doesn't run well so there was obviously an issue.

Knowing that many of the connectors I touched had brittle wires running to them (one wire broke off before the connector already) I thought that it may be an issue with my wiring harness -- I just finished replacing the main engine harness two days ago and everything fired up and idled -beautifully- ... for a little while. This morning my idle issue is back and I'm getting P0510 and P0121 again.

I really don't know where to go from here - money's tight and I'm trying to move out of state next month, I need to get this working...

Help? :(

edit for the solution: despite my post in #2 regarding the IAC passing FSMs tests, it ended up being the IAC -- the thing tested just fine but swapping it out fixed my idle issues & CEL.

Last edited:
*bump*

For what it's worth I looked at the IAC when trying to figure out the idle issues but it also tests OK. Wondering if it may be the ECU but it's a lot of money to throw at a guess; any suggestions? May be taking it somewhere soon if I can't get it sorted it out.

Have you checked the large air intake hose and the vacuum hoses for cracks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom