Help! Driver Rear Speaker Louder than the Passenger (FJ62) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

Before I take it into a shop, I wanted to get others opinions... My passenger rear speaker when music is playing plays with very little volume, while all the other speakers in the car play at normal volume. First I checked all the wiring and connectors and to my visual checking, everything looks undamaged and in good shape. I also checked to make sure it wasn't the speaker, so I swapped passenger and driver side rear speakers and the same issue occurred on that side so the speakers are fine. I then checked for continuity between the two wires that plug into the speaker and it read as a complete circuit. I then checked the voltage of the wires when music was playing and I got a 038 on the driver's side rear and a 001 on the passenger side rear (I probably wasn't on the right setting on the tester but you get the idea of the difference in voltage).

Does anyone know if there is a volume adjuster for the rear speakers that I don't know about? I am out of ideas so anything helps!
Thanks!!
-C

Some head units have rear balance controls... maybe check on that...

Thanks!! I’ll check on that, it’s the stock FJ62 radio (Toyota 6626) so I’m not sure if it has it or not but I’ll investigate...
Did you ever try this? I have the Toyota 6626 head unit in my 62 and can confirm it has balance and fade controls.
A98A5060-608A-4EA4-84A7-86374080C3DE.jpeg

Thanks Scotty, I did check that but still nothing. I’m assuming it’s a problem with my radio or something. I will eventually pull it out and have it redone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom