Help diagnosing front end noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I am new to the cruiser world but am loving my 100 so far. I am in the process of refreshing the suspension and could use some input ID'ing some metal clicking / popping sound coming from the front end. The noise happens going over small bumps, dips in the road, uneven surfaces etc. I have just replaced all shocks, and new Sankei 555 LBJ, yet the noise persists.

Could this noise be the result of bad CV axles? I had noticed mine were seeping grease so I installed a new clamp and it seemed to stop, but maybe just ran out of grease lol? Next guess would be loose / improperly serviced wheel bearings? Or maybe the noise is due to worn steering rack bushing?

I took a video that hopefully captures what I am talking about. I would greatly appreciate any input or other ideas as to what is causing this noise. Thanks!

I think the axles would have to be in pretty terrible shape to make those noises. Unlikely.

Have you checked the sway bay end links and bushings?

I think the axles would have to be in pretty terrible shape to make those noises. Unlikely.

Have you checked the sway bay end links and bushings?

The bushing looks pretty dry, but not absolutely terrible. New bushings are on my to-do list, maybe I will try to knock that out this weekend.

I can’t 100% tell from the video, but mine was making a clicking/metal sound over bumps that just down right made it sound like the truck was falling apart.

It turned out that the clip that holds this pin in the caliper had become dislodged and was letting the pin rattle.

I finally figured it out because I could make it happen while driving over bumps, but not with breaks depressed but couldn’t replicate it by rocking the vehicle.

2748BFFE-AAD1-4794-B8AA-BD527315133F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom