Hellroaring isolator and aux. fuse install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Friend and eletrical genius Ryan Davis installed my Hellroaring battery isolator and put in an auxillary fuse block on the 80.

Here's the isolator on the back of the second battery tray. The Hellroaring product is top notch and they have awesome customer service.
DSC00579.JPG

Cabling and ginormous 80amp fuse.
DSC00580.JPG

Ryan's really good at clean installs. He took the Hellroaring remote switch apart and installed it in one of the blanks on my dash.
DSC00581.JPG

And finally, the fuse block in the usual spot under the passenger seat. It's a Hella block (but says MTA, made in England on it?). He ran 2 hot leads and 4 switched. I've already wired in my Cobra CB and Streamlight flashlight.
DSC00578.JPG

Very nice!

One day...I'll order that darned thing...one day...

:D

Cory,
Is that a relay by the rear heater? What does it do?

On install posts like yours, it helps if you will post specific details. Source for all the parts, model numbers, wire sizes, fuse sizes, and all the details.

Some of us like to copy good ideas. :D

-B-

Hey Fellas,
I did the work on Cory's shiz. The fuse block is Hella part# HL62937. I buy them locally here in Salt Lake at a place called Fleet Lite (1792 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City, UT (801) 973-0811) I pay less than $10 for them (more like $7 or $8) but found them here: http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Relay_Boxes_and_Fuse_Boxes.asp

The relay you see in the picture was used to create the switched power in the fuse block. I wanted to make the system work as much by itself as possible (i.e. I didn't want to be drawing power from any where but the battery via the single peice of 8 ga wire that I ran) so I found a switched power source at the rear heater and used it to trigger the relay and subsequently send the power to the fuse block straight from the 8 ga wire.

Here is a diagram I whipped up, hope it helps:

80relay.jpg

Lemme know if you have any questions...

-Ry:grinpimp:

Cory,

The red cable that bridges the two outside posts, the one that looks like a sausage about to explode, you can go with a much smaller gauge wire and serve exactly the same purpose....a single 10 gauge or three pieces of 16 gauge in parallel.

mobi-arc said:
the one that looks like a sausage about to explode

rofl.gif

I was thinking the same thing.

Ry Ry and Cory, excellent job. Black & Tan will be needing this soon, I will pick your brains at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom