Hello, I am new to the area... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is where to post this, but I am new to the area, just PCSed to Springfield, VA from Japan. Looking to find time to meet some like minded cruiser folk once the family gets settled in the new house. Currently working through fuel issues on my hj61, but once I get it sorted I would love to drive out to meet some of you all and say hello.

Cheers,

Ben

Come to the Holiday party Saturday and meet everyone.

Good to see you, Ben. You can bounce around here for a while if you play your cards right. Depending on service/branch this is about the best place to homestead without career risk. Been no-cost moving since 2014 and it is working well.

Come to the Holiday party Saturday and meet everyone.

Thanks! Even though it looks like its only a 12 min drive, I am playing single dad while the wife works tomorrow. Not sure about all my minions running around.

We really like the area, so far so good! Happy wife happy life as they say...

welcome to the neighborhood! These guys are highly recommended (I've no personal experience with them yet) and are in VA. I e-mailed them pre-emptively when I moved here and Peter stated that they aren't scared of working on JDM diesels.

@HueyDriver nice good to hear, come out to the monthly meeting this wednesday, we meet in the back parking lot of Kilroys the first wednesday of every month around 7 pm

@HueyDriver nice good to hear, come out to the monthly meeting this wednesday, we meet in the back parking lot of Kilroys the first wednesday of every month around 7 pm
U fortunately I am working nights this week. I am also out of town during your Valentine’s Day trip next month. I will have to see when the next time my schedule lines up with yalls. I’ll probably have a kid or two with me.

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is where to post this, but I am new to the area, just PCSed to Springfield, VA from Japan. Looking to find time to meet some like minded cruiser folk once the family gets settled in the new house. Currently working through fuel issues on my hj61, but once I get it sorted I would love to drive out to meet some of you all and say hello.

Cheers,

Ben
Hello. I live on Capitol Hill and stepped into the world of Land Cruisers last August when I purchased my neighbor's 1988. Longs story short, I am in need of a shop to examine and repair the wiring harness and major electrical elements. I've had it looked at locally by the folks who have been servicing it over the past 7 years, but I need a place that knows how to restore 30 year old Cruisers and especially wiring systems.

Longer story, my son had it in college last fall and the battery went dead regularly. He replaced a faulty wire end at the battery connection and got it home for Christmas. I had the local shop look and they said it was fine. Then my son got stranded on his way back to college. A new alternator and a faulty wire got it going again to get it back to DC. But the battery was dead again after sittiong for just two days after a 12 miles drive. I replaced the battery but know the wires are all in need of testing and replacing.

Any referrals are welcome; Close to DC or farther afield. I am open to all and would like to fix it by March so it can go back to Maine and enjoy spring up there. Many thanks.

Greg

Hello. I live on Capitol Hill and stepped into the world of Land Cruisers last August when I purchased my neighbor's 1988. Longs story short, I am in need of a shop to examine and repair the wiring harness and major electrical elements. I've had it looked at locally by the folks who have been servicing it over the past 7 years, but I need a place that knows how to restore 30 year old Cruisers and especially wiring systems.

Longer story, my son had it in college last fall and the battery went dead regularly. He replaced a faulty wire end at the battery connection and got it home for Christmas. I had the local shop look and they said it was fine. Then my son got stranded on his way back to college. A new alternator and a faulty wire got it going again to get it back to DC. But the battery was dead again after sittiong for just two days after a 12 miles drive. I replaced the battery but know the wires are all in need of testing and replacing.

Any referrals are welcome; Close to DC or farther afield. I am open to all and would like to fix it by March so it can go back to Maine and enjoy spring up there. Many thanks.

Greg
@OTRAMM is highly regarded here, but he is out in bealton VA.

Sounds like you have a parasitic drain somewhere. I know in my truck I have to remove the face plate of my radio when I park it otherwise it will die in a couple days as well, as it is wired to alway be on even if the key is off.

lets see the cruiser!
CA1F712F-1F7F-463A-9C69-C37E3F822F00.jpeg

E9349FD6-CC23-413B-8D92-F3E38AA39A56.jpeg

Here she is when we uhauled her from Louisiana to Virginia. Then a shot after getting the kids home from school.
A2342779-EF12-4CC3-8A1A-32F29736579F.jpeg

I second the recommendation for OTRAMM.

@OTRAMM is highly regarded here, but he is out in bealton VA.

Sounds like you have a parasitic drain somewhere. I know in my truck I have to remove the face plate of my radio when I park it otherwise it will die in a couple days as well, as it is wired to alway be on even if the key is off.
You might want to rewire the power to a switched source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom