Hella horn relay wiring help/diagram ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just wired in my hellas this weekend. I checked the voltage at the plugs and found they were getting 12.5v, so it wasnt going to get much better wiring directly to the battery.

Theyre WAY better than my apathetic factory horns that gave an occasional lazy "toot" when they felt like it.

Thanks Seth! Now I'm thinking I may not have voltage to the low horn... I'll check it today.

Luke111... I read the thread. I'm aware.

actually I have 3 circuits .. 1 for set of PIAA, 1 for set of Hella, and 1 for set of Cadi 4 note horn set .. yes all working together .. overkill, sure .. all are wired to my blue sea fuse box and this and that ..

And I'm totally agree George .. it's better to keep it simple ( KISS principle ? )

People must run for cover when you let those horns go. ;)

I had air horns for a while then swapped them out for twin tone Hella that sound better but they need more grunt. I just brought another set of twin tone Fiamm horns hopefully this will give me the freight train sound I'm after. We have our share of f..k wit drivers in Coffs Harbour but I mainly want these for scaring wild life of the road.

People must run for cover when you let those horns go. ;)

I used to have an air tank and air horns attached to it .. that was the real deal like real boat horns, but never manage to install a compressor so refilling the air tank got me sick, reason why I move to the electric setup ..

never as good as the air setup was .. but decent ..

Did anyone wire these in with the supplied relay? I understand they don't blare as loud as they could through the relay. I'll video the install as I do it so we can document the process.

I did find this wiring diagram, but hearing from someone that has actually done this is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom