For Sale Heeellllpppppp on pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Maroon
Ok guys here’s the situation. I’m very new to the work of FJs. Found a guy selling a 1984 FJ60 and he wants 23,000. No rust runs impeccably well. Everything is original accept the carb (says it’s an Australian carb from Spector off-road) and it’s got a huge horn. No rust underneath all the window frames, and usual places are clean. It has one quarter size spec on the hatch other than that it’s totally rust free. ALSO it says there are 118,000 miles BUT cardiac shows it had 180 in 2009 (not sure how much of an impact that has in the value). Is this fairly priced or am I insane for even considering it?

Thank you so much, I’m learning a ton just sitting back and reading but the pricing is still tough for me to figure out.

4475F852-1DF8-42AD-B3B5-3A67B8CC5894.png

87DFFEE5-8C53-4412-A4F9-83ED04B8DF67.png

2FF7EA94-E3B2-40BC-A032-CFF4D458869F.png

B404D07B-7449-4DF4-8254-425715E70B06.jpeg

89DFC22F-8CE5-4A04-88CB-EC0902CFBE7D.png

C2864283-AFE6-4F08-94FB-E006B72923D7.png

9EF9CFFB-964D-4F63-924E-F67662A2D12B.png

9B5D9E3C-BB42-45EC-9A97-E20542C25C77.png

4777C512-2821-4D72-8F97-4674F63E8EA7.png

9DFB118C-810B-4F93-A5A7-E5ED144CB3DB.png

Where are you located? Do you have the name of the seller? If your from Tacoma WA I’ll just come out front and say be weary of not so honest people selling FJs…. This is a hub for those individuals.

I say this because that rig has been repainted before it appears and also the possibility of a rolled back odometer isn’t quite comforting… it looks like a clean rig though. I’ll let someone who knows more about 60 pricing chime in :)

Where are you located? Do you have the name of the seller? If your from Tacoma WA I’ll just come out front and say be weary of not so honest people selling FJs…. This is a hub for those individuals.

I say this because that rig has been repainted before it appears and also the possibility of a rolled back odometer isn’t quite comforting… it looks like a clean rig though. I’ll let someone who knows more about 60 pricing chime in :)
Thanks! I’m back and forth bw here and Idaho. The truck itself is in New Mexico. The guy isn’t on this forum, he’s older and doesn’t even know about it, as far as I know.

Thanks! I’m back and forth bw here and Idaho. The truck itself is in New Mexico. The guy isn’t on this forum, he’s older and doesn’t even know about it, as far as I know.
Well that’s a good sign… maybe someone else can chime in about value? Mínima rust is good! 180,000 miles is considered somewhat low as it’s below 200K but who knows how much it had been driven since. Does the owner know?

Well that’s a good sign… maybe someone else can chime in about value? Mínima rust is good! 180,000 miles is considered somewhat low as it’s below 200K but who knows how much it had been driven since. Does the owner know?
No the owner has no idea, he thought the 118 was original until I pulled the mileage and showed him that it was not. That 180 is probably quite a bit more now. I don’t think he really knows the correct mileage at this point. In the pics as you can see it says 118.

Repaint.. zip tie on driveshaft, owner saying “I don’t know much about it” Run…. For that $ you can find an orig paint rust free one.. my 2c

Repaint.. zip tie on driveshaft, owner saying “I don’t know much about it” Run…. For that $ you can find an orig paint rust free one.. my 2c
Well he didn’t say I don’t know much about it, just that he didn’t know about the mileage is all. But being on the fence and then you saying what you did def help me go with my gut. Thanks!

Other than the repaint (which looks good, notice they even replaced the rubber bumpers for the hood and tapped of the data plate on drivers door) The exhaust still has the heat shields, the bottom side is clean, the engine compartment is clean, notice the brand new Toyota radiator cap, the oil pan appears new (No damage to the skid plate). The oil cooler hose and the other coolant hoses also appear new, some have aftermarket hose clamps. The air intake hose and headlight washer bottle are also present.
I'd have a 3rd party inspector go check it out or SME off of MUD take a look at it.
If it has been maintained with Toyota parts and the repaint is quality, I'd say the price is pretty fair.
I've spent over 17k in sorting my 60 out, and that's starting with a rust free truck, its still not painted, and I haven't even touched in interior yet.
All the little parts really add up on these trucks fast.

Best of luck, Frank.

That looks to be an aftermarket electronic speedo pickup zip tied to the driveshaft, sensor is to the left of it on that add-on bracket. That likely explains the mileage issue.

I'm not totally sure, but this almost looks like a weld seam from a replacement floorboard.

1643923189800.png

For that money, I'd be looking for something else.

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom