Heater Restored -- Done properly? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.freedomjunkie.net
I just finished restoring my heater with SOR's Heater Restore Kit. Completed project is pictured. More photos and what I did can be found at FJ Series : How To Article. I'm not getting as much heat as I thought I might. Did I do everything properly?

enl_5U3TR5KVU2930B3HZ2YF.jpg

I didn't look at your link, but poor heat can be caused by poor airflow from the blower to the core, leaks in the duct, poor air flow thru the core itself, plugged core fins, and bad coolant circulation thru the core, valve not opening fully, plugged core tubes inside the core.

are you getting good airflow, just not hot?
are your heater hoses hot to the touch both in and out of the core?

I didn't look at your link, but poor heat can be caused by poor airflow from the blower to the core, leaks in the duct, poor air flow thru the core itself, plugged core fins, and bad coolant circulation thru the core, valve not opening fully, plugged core tubes inside the core.

are you getting good airflow, just not hot?
are your heater hoses hot to the touch both in and out of the core?

Yep, airflow is great. I didn't think to check the heater hoses, but will tomorrow.

All right, after checking the hoses and finding them luke warm at best I thought it might be a good to check the thermostat. When I did, I found there was none! Apparently, the previous owner had yanked it, and never replaced it. :whoops: Luckily, my local Checkers had one in stock. Now that the FJ40 has a thermostat, the heater works wonders! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom