Headlight upgrade 2008 to 2013 with HID & DRL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all

I am retrofitting 2013 headlamps on a 2010 VDJ-200.

The lamps are the non US (ROW) bi xenons with the DRL (hi/lo) LED strips. Left 81185-60F30 Right 81145-60F30

Got everything to work and figured out how to power the DRL´s with a relay setup.

What I cannot get to work is the headlight adjuster. On the vehicle side plug there is 12+, 12-, and a signal that varies form ~0 V to ~7 V, depending on the headlight dial position.

I tried to match the old headlight wire colors and it does not work. Here is what I have:

VEHICLE SIDE PLUG
View attachment 1934140

LAMP SIDE PLUG
View attachment 1934141

Any ideas as to which wire goes where?

The manual levelling switch is not compatible with the autolevelling motors in the euro spec headlight. Even if you get the manual levelling motors from a US spec 2013 headlight, the arm that connects the motor to the headlight bucket is too short.

The manual levelling switch is not compatible with the autolevelling motors in the euro spec headlight. Even if you get the manual levelling motors from a US spec 2013 headlight, the arm that connects the motor to the headlight bucket is too short.

Thanks for your reply, very helpful.

It would then be safe to assume that the auto leveling module would be quite complex to retrofit into the vehicle.

could a simple stepper motor control board or driver with pulse generation drive it?

Has anyone else tackled this?? I need to replace my 2011 LC lights and this would be a nice option.

Has anyone else tackled this?? I need to replace my 2011 LC lights and this would be a nice option.
I have lived with mine in the fixed position with no adjustment. They are aimed mid-long and my fog lights fill the short gap.

Hello,

Did you ever figure out a solution to the level adjustment motor control ?

Hello,

Did you ever figure out a solution to the level adjustment motor control ?
I have not. I just aligned my lights at medium range and forgot about it. I rarely carry a heavy load that affects my light pattern.

Not really "plug and play" since some splicing work on the headlight side harness is required. I bought a pair of HB3 and H11 extension harnesses so that I don't have to splice into the vehicle side wiring.

To get the DRL to work, I'm going to use two relays to feed fused +12v from the battery to switch between LED high and low
Hello there,

Just one question, if you don´t mind: are you interrupting the yellow line when you feed the red, and the other way around, or not ?
Actually, a quick diagram of what you implemented for the DRL switching would be great, to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Hello there,

Just one question, if you don´t mind: are you interrupting the yellow line when you feed the red, and the other way around, or not ?
Actually, a quick diagram of what you implemented for the DRL switching would be great, to avoid reinventing the wheel.
sorry, I found the diagram you posted in another thread, and I will attach it here for reference and clarity.

LC200 LED DRL relay diagram copy.jpg

How did this work out for ya? Does using this harness make it really plug and play? No splicing?
It is indeed, except for the DRLs which you need to build the control circuit for with two relays as mentioned above.
However, there is no need to interrupt the yellow wires, as the two 12V+ both feed the LEDs, one upstream and one downstream of the voltage drop resistor, hence no issue from the momentary presence of both.

It is indeed, except for the DRLs which you need to build the control circuit for with two relays as mentioned above.
However, there is no need to interrupt the yellow wires, as the two 12V+ both feed the LEDs, one upstream and one downstream of the voltage drop resistor, hence no issue from the momentary presence of both.
Thank you! Did you go with OEM assembly or EBay replicas?

Can anyone confirm that the 2013 headlight housings are an exact fit for 2008-2011 LCs? I believe that is the way I’m reading this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom