Headlight troubles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1991 prado and the lights have quit working. When I got it the lights were working on hi and low beam. A while back the high beams stopped working but the worked on dim. I got in the truck last night and they wouldn't come on. The parking lights work but mo headlights. Also when I dim them the blue signal on the instrument panel stays lite like I have them on bright. I'm guessing I have a problem with the switch. Yes, the bulbs are good replaced both a few months ago. Has anyone had this problem or have any good suggestions?

Thanks
Brad

@Pradobrad , yeah it could be the Headlight Switch stalk or the Printed Circuit Board that controls the lights. I think they run about $65 new. Pretty easy to change. Pull your steering wheel off and remove steering column cover and have a look. Check for cracks on the PCB first.

@Pradobrad , yeah it could be the Headlight Switch stalk or the Printed Circuit Board that controls the lights. I think they run about $65 new. Pretty easy to change. Pull your steering wheel off and remove steering column cover and have a look. Check for cracks on the PCB first.
Thanks! I'll see if I can take it apart and check that out.

Hey there - did it end up being a PCB or switch issue? I recently had a somewhat similar issue crop up where the low beam would not turn on, but hi/flashing hi works fine, as do running lights. When rotating the switch off there is a noticeable 'click' that seems new, but am not sure what that might be. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom