Headlight System Malfunction (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for that! No go though. I might need a new unit. Strangely the data out of the unit looks to be within spec. Time for a trip to Toyota!

Thanks again.

Jimmy

Thanks for that! No go though. I might need a new unit. Strangely the data out of the unit looks to be within spec. Time for a trip to Toyota!

Thanks again.

Jimmy
Lock your glove box and keep the key blade with you! Only way to avoid them breaking your recirc flap.

Not sure if you are running a lift or leveling kit but your issues are similar to one I recently tackled. There is an arm on the rear RH upper control arm that connects to the Auto Leveling Sensor for the Headlight system. If you flexed the suspension with a lift installed it may well have maxed the travel out on that arm. Try clearing the codes and driving it on level pavement/streets. If it doesn't come back the sensor likely needs adjustment or a longer arm as in my case.

There is also the chance the wiring to that same sensor is damaged. You can test it by taking the 8mm nut off the arm form the control arm to the sensor while the headlights are on and aimed at a wall in a dark garage. If the headlights move up and down (there is a delay of about a minute) it is not the wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom