Headlight Issues 81110-60P70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the LED into the high-beam indicator socket. Part no. is: 921-NWHP15-TAC Natural White from superbrightleds.com. It's bright!

That concludes the headlight installation. It's a very nice upgrade and despite a few minor issues, an easy upgrade. Thanks for all the help!
High Beam Switch1.jpg

I can report in my 09/1985 fj60 the LED bulb is plug and play to make the HBI work again

Hey folks - I know for some of you simply popping an LED bulb in the high beam indicator on the dash gets it to light up just fine. There are lots of people out there for whom that doesn't work - myself included (on two 60s). I don't know if Toyota made a minor change to the wiring or what. Anyway, for my daily driver with the Koito headlight kit upgrade (81110-60P70), I finally made a solution for the high beam indicator. I'm selling those HERE. It's a 30-second-install plug-and-play module that works with both LED and incandescent bulbs. It draws less than half an amp of current, generates no heat, and is internally fused to protect your truck. These are only for 12V trucks and do NOT work for 62s - unless it's under unique circumstances. They might work for 79-83 40s as well, but I haven't been able to test that scenario yet.

HBIM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom