Headers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone recommend a good header to use w/ stock F engine?

I was very happy with my 2 piece from SOR. Doesn't fit with the winch, however, so I now have a MAF 6>1, which will allow the winch driveshaft to fit but was a little bit of a bugger to seal at the manifold gasket. (Now that it is sealed, however, I like it fine.)

I had a heck of a time getting my MAF 6-1 to seal to the head too. I finaly had to take it off and make a couple passes with a mig to build it up and then filed it down smooth. the problem is where the paired pipes (2-3, and 4-5) are welded to the long plate. when they weld these pipes in they do a pass around each pipes which leaves a low spot in the middle on the top and bottom, so the gasket has very little contact area and blow out easily.

If you aren't lucky enough to have a PTO winch then I would go SOR, heard good things. None of those sealing problems like MAF.

Very happy with the TPI chrome headers, SOR are fine also. I would rather knaw my arm off than ever deal with Downey again.

Hey guys I am putting a 2F in my FJ55 that has a header on it. NEVER touched one before. I am going ot be routing my own exhaust with a glasspack (free glasspack :D) and need to know what kind of flange to buy and what not. Where do I even get one, what do I ask for? Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom