Headers (1 Viewer)

I was very happy with my 2 piece from SOR. Doesn't fit with the winch, however, so I now have a MAF 6>1, which will allow the winch driveshaft to fit but was a little bit of a bugger to seal at the manifold gasket. (Now that it is sealed, however, I like it fine.)

I had a heck of a time getting my MAF 6-1 to seal to the head too. I finaly had to take it off and make a couple passes with a mig to build it up and then filed it down smooth. the problem is where the paired pipes (2-3, and 4-5) are welded to the long plate. when they weld these pipes in they do a pass around each pipes which leaves a low spot in the middle on the top and bottom, so the gasket has very little contact area and blow out easily.

Very happy with the TPI chrome headers, SOR are fine also. I would rather knaw my arm off than ever deal with Downey again.

Hey guys I am putting a 2F in my FJ55 that has a header on it. NEVER touched one before. I am going ot be routing my own exhaust with a glasspack (free glasspack :D) and need to know what kind of flange to buy and what not. Where do I even get one, what do I ask for? Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom