HDJ81 Fusible Links (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220807_175518.jpg
20220807_175503.jpg
20220807_175500.jpg

I am 99% I need one too. I'll probably have to fab a replacement out of fusible wires as I don't have time to wait. But here's an image.

View attachment 3080771View attachment 3080773View attachment 3080775View attachment 3080774View attachment 3080772

THANKS !

got what i needed to see ,

i will know tomorrow morning Early if i can source them H55F Fast or it will be slow boat from japan ? 🤔

either way i CAN get both the upper and lower connectors , no problem 100% SOLID sure

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

My issue turned out not to be a fusible link but upon inspection of it I can see the installation starting to crack and fray and I will need replaced. So put me on your list Matt once you get some of these made I want one

Unsure if this would be compatible with a 1HD-FT 81, but put me on the list. Need to keep one in the glove box.

why would it not be compatible for your 1HD-FT 81 ?

if you have a uniquely different set up , bring it on ! :cool:

now is the time to compare apples here , if you follow me here ...

Last edited:
why would it not be compatible for your 1HD-FT 81 ?

if you have a uniquely different set up , bring it on ! :cool:

now is the time to compare apples here , if you follow me here ...

i am working on and assembling these as we speak as well :

both are NLA / Disc Globally , i have double checked well the global price tapes ..

90982-08265

90982-08206

View attachment 3080986

View attachment 3080985

View attachment 3080983

View attachment 3080984
This is what I have on my 81. Looks similar so it should work. Haven’t verified part numbers yet.

183BC1D1-F71A-4B3D-8A1C-A497E1534C41.jpeg

The black one is a separate fusible link. I can see the grey one behind it. The yellow looks aftermarket
Correct. I thought the grey plug was on the same harness like the FZJ but I hadn’t explored that far.

Update :

Have a pile of both the upper battery side and lower harness side plastic connector housings on order …

- still trying to pin down the correct updated Teminals and rubber seals for both

- hopefully today will have them pinned down ,

If anyone has a different set up with different plastic connector housing needs , please post several detailed photos , as I may already have them or may need to R-D time to research and source the too ?

Toyota’s super brilliant idea 💡 to have so many darn variations of land cruiser fusible links and there connection plugs etc defies logic !

And was a DUMB idea simply put ?

But , cracking codes is a challenge I enjoy so bring them on …🙂

- have ALL parts on order now ,

- much of them had to come from JAPAN directly , via FED-EX so it will be several days till they arrive ..

- stay tuned for more updates here ...

kindly matt

Not looking to replace. But have spare(s). Up to this point, I’ll summarize the discussion. Our present part number is NLA. I’m not going to risk messing with my only (installed) fusible link, but my assumption up this point is that the color of the wire and the “B” and “L” depicted on the black wire cover box determine the fusible link type required. So I’m just asking for other input. Dusten isn’t wrong; at some point there’s no way to confirm unless it’s used. But I’m just trying to piece things together as we see them and understand. I understand Matt this is what you’re working on.

I posted a similar ask on Facebook and the part I just posted was used by others in their existing diesels. It’s not a part number listed when I input my frame number into Partsouq and reference wire diagrams. But if the blue and black line up (which they do according to my black box label) and it’s a two piece wire as confirmed by Dusten, it might do the trick for that one fusible link.

The old part is 90982-08266 (NLA). Wondering if 90982-08267 can replace it.

Not looking to replace. But have spare(s). Up to this point, I’ll summarize the discussion. Our present part number is NLA. I’m not going to risk messing with my only (installed) fusible link, but my assumption up this point is that the color of the wire and the “B” and “L” depicted on the black wire cover box determine the fusible link type required. So I’m just asking for other input. Dusten isn’t wrong; at some point there’s no way to confirm unless it’s used. But I’m just trying to piece things together as we see them and understand. I understand Matt this is what you’re working on.

I posted a similar ask on Facebook and the part I just posted was used by others in their existing diesels. It’s not a part number listed when I input my frame number into Partsouq and reference wire diagrams. But if the blue and black line up (which they do according to my black box label) and it’s a two piece wire as confirmed by Dusten, it might do the trick for that one fusible link.

The B and L are simply colors.

1.25 and 2.0 are wire size.

If they are the same wire size they will work.

the color of the wire is a good reference point , but .........

i have seen same color YAZAKI & Sumitomo fusible links wire , but different mm. spec's

just be double sure , its a match is my point ....

and YES , disturbing your current fusible links set up especially if visually fragile or cracked is not recommended

HOUSTON : some of the the HDJ81 TEq has Landed ✈️ …..

23385628-08DA-407D-BEBD-B3148AF3759E.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom