HDJ81 Fusible Links (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

possible to make the eye at the battery end 1/2" so it'll fit battery lugs that have been changed out ? Also make them longer somehow as I've noticed my oem links seem somewhat strained while connected.

1/2” lugs?!? What battery clamp are you using that uses 1/2” lugs? 😳

I asked around and fortunately some people from Canada finally found me a few. It was the Radd cruiser people but beware sometimes they don’t reapond for up to 1 month.

Any reason the links can't be replaced with a breaker or fuse instead?
Exactly what I was thinking last week when I had to replace fusible link on my daughters VW Mk4 Golf.
They have a nifty clam shell box which houses interchangeable fusible link plates on a 5 main circuit terminal strip and 3 accessory circuit on a plug.. Definitely upgrading to this on my 80. Picked one up at local wrecker for $5

B5B1EB82-BD26-4279-B532-722BAB3128D5.jpeg

You can buy the toyota part # 90982-08264 from ebay, sourced out of the United Arab Emirates; I've got one on order to replace a blown link in my HDJ81. Regrettably high shipping cost- $25 shipping for a $15 part.

You can buy the toyota part # 90982-08264 from ebay, sourced out of the United Arab Emirates; I've got one on order to replace a blown link in my HDJ81. Regrettably high shipping cost- $25 shipping for a $15 part.

Parts diagrams suggest that part # was only used on gas engine trucks, and the diesel spec part # is 90982-08266. Let us know once you get your part if it works.

Does anyone have pictures of the gas and diesel fusible links? I'm driving a swapped rig and don't really know which one I have in there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom