HDJ 81 Brake Failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mot

Threads
Sorry, I've been MIA for awhile, but decided to come back a few days ago. :)

And lo and behold, yesterday after dropping my kid & friend at a swimming pool I lost my brakes.

I'll spare you the drama, but the DS brakeline had cracked at the wheel and lost its pressure/fluid.

Anyway, I would like to replace all of the lines and I would be interested in going longer (What man wouldn't be interested in going longer, in more than one way, right?), if that option is available (OEM preferred).

I have seen such PN's put together, I believe, by Cruiserdan(for FZJ 80), but would they work on the '90 HDJ81 (5spd/part-time)?

Time is of essense-ish, so my preference is:

1) OEM extended length
2) OEM normal length

And my question is could I get those lines from my local Toyota dealer or who is the go-to OEM parts source here these days, now that Cdan and Onur have retired?

Sorry, such a lengthy post for such a simple question. I know I could've just said something like:

What are the PN's for HDJ 81 brakelines, stock or extended, but ....

TIA for any input, and apologize in advance if this topic has been brought up before (I did search).

Sincerely,

Mot

How much lift do you have? I'd just stay OEM if you're 2" lift or less.
I just did mine on 91 hdj81, used fj80 as reference. FZJ80 will have 1 extra inner line for ABS, other than that it's the same if i remember correctly.

If I was replacing them, I would get braided lines. All 80 series with the same calipers are going to be the same year for year.

If I was replacing them, I would get braided lines. All 80 series with the same calipers are going to be the same year for year.

Thank you, kind sir!!

Just for anyone looking for the same info in the future, here is the reply I got from Onur:

Front soft lines at calipers:

90947-02612
90947-02613
90430-10074 x4 (high pressure gaskets)

Rear soft lines at calipers:

90947-02615
90947-02614
90430-10074 x4

Frame to axles: (assuming no ABS):

96940-34705 x2 (will give you some length as well to accommodate a life)

Thanks again, and ya, MUD still kicks butt!!!

Mot

How much lift do you have? I'd just stay OEM if you're 2" lift or less.
I just did mine on 91 hdj81, used fj80 as reference. FZJ80 will have 1 extra inner line for ABS, other than that it's the same if i remember correctly.

My lift is MAYBE 2", with 285's on.

I didn't really hit me as it happened the seriousness of this, but now since I've had time to kinda digest it, I'm glad it happened while I was doing 25mph in town, rather than barreling down I-15 70+mph!

It's good to be alive, lol.

Cheers!!

Mot

Generally, withy a maximum lift of 2 inches, you dont need extended lines. Ive never checked it but that seems to have been the genaral consensus on mud for some years. So it must be true:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Generally, with a maximum lift of 2 inches, you don't need extended lines. I've never checked it but that seems to have been the general consensus on mud for some years. So it must be true:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Thanks, Rosco!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom