Having problems mounting engine in 69 LC with stock 1F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm having problems getting the engine to mount on the frame mounts on my '69 FJ40 project. Stock 1F engine with a cherry picker with engine load leveler. But if I get the back bolts in loose, I can't get the front one in, if I get the back ones in, I can't get the from ones in. I have new mounts on the front and original mounts on the rear. I have checked the SOR website for their engine mounts schematic and have matched/confirmed that I have the right ones in the right places. Any thoughts or help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Drivers.jpeg

Passenger side, with engine mount taken off engine because the engine is too far to the left in the back.
passenger.jpeg

Also possible front mounts are backwards. Engine offsets to the left side because the transfer case offsets to the other side.

Is this the engine and mounts that came out of the vehicle?
SOR shows a date break at 1/75. Maybe the mounts are from after 1/75?

Did you remove an engine from this FJ40 ? Reason is possible frame damage ?
The original engine was mounted, I took it out because I didn't know if it would turn over, and it was missing some parts. Had an extra 1F that I had turned over, so I yanked original and stripped and painted 2nd engine. Only thing is, original mounts in front were donuts, not square. Don't know if I put the square mounts on 90 degrees off or backwards or if that is even possible.

Is this the engine and mounts that came out of the vehicle?
SOR shows a date break at 1/75. Maybe the mounts are from after 1/75?
The original engine was mounted, I took it out because I didn't know if it would turn over, and it was missing some parts. Had an extra 1F that I had turned over, so I yanked original and stripped and painted 2nd engine. Only thing is, original mounts in front were donuts, not square. Don't know if I put the square mounts on 90 degrees off or backwards or if that is even possible.

Also possible front mounts are backwards. Engine offsets to the left side because the transfer case offsets to the other side.
Ok, I will look into that. Best I could see, it's what the SOR schematic showed, but it's kinda hard to see. I'll have to see what happens if I switch them. Thought this part should have been cake! Dang!

Did you transfer the engine mounts from engine one to engine two ?

1970. Same F engine went out and back in. Mounts were removed during refresh (rebuild?). Used newer donuts and square pads in front. Took some wiggling, but it dropped in. New castle nuts are on the way...Hope this helps.

IMG_20211021_183605.jpg

IMG_20211021_183527.jpg

IMG_20211021_183417.jpg

IMG_20211021_183352.jpg

On SOR it looks as though they say 58-84 compatible.
I was referring to the fixed mount that attaches to the engine. Did you re-use the mounts from the original engine?

Back mounts went on first for mine. I also used SORs front mounts. On the front ones, I had the stud side down, the screw side up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom