Hate My Fj60 .... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have finally had it , I hate my FJ60 , I'm in Anchorage Alaska , I was stupid and puta chevy 383 stroker in it and a SOA with 38's now I can't IM it or drive it from Oct31 till March 31st .... someone please kill me for my stupidity

stupid laws

stupid alaska IM laws

IM laws?
what are they?

huh? We are not from Alaska. let us know what you mean? Is it too tall or what?

Last edited:
So, in reality, you shouldn't hate your FJ60, you should hate the state laws- or yourself for doing the mods.

PolishX said:
Ok I have finally had it , I hate my FJ60 , I'm in Anchorage Alaska , I was stupid and puta chevy 383 stroker in it and a SOA with 38's now I can't IM it or drive it from Oct31 till March 31st .... someone please kill me for my stupidity

Thats what you get for staging your build up thread on a jeep forum:D

Trade for a SUA or make it leagal, what is the law that keeps it parked, can't be that it does not use enough gas to keep the oil guys rich.

Alaska IM law doesn't allow engines other than those made specifically for a make/model/year. So unless its a 2F, it won't pass IM.

I/M test, the emissions test. And for the not driving during the winter part... that would be the law that he does not like.

you said you can't drive it from oct 31 to march 31st. What happens after march 31? Emissions is emissions yes?

ok but I am done after this one! He can drive it during the summer, but cannot drive it during the winter. He has a seasonal waiver.

Alaska is silly with their weird laws and the penguins riding around on mooses eating the polar bears and stuff.....

So, quick question, did you know that this vehicle would be illegal 5 months of the year when the engine swap was being planned?

Note to self. Alaska has more @&@&@&@&ed up laws than Maryland when it comes to vehicles.

I have my 40 registered as a "Street Rod" which means no emissions tests and I could put in a blown dragster engine if I wanted to. And drive it any time of the year, but not on a daily driver basis.

John Smith said:
Please tell us WTF "IM" means! And why you are allowed to drive it during certain times of the year and not others? I believe Mark Whatley does engine swaps all the time so not sure what a different engine does.

1. Inspection/maintenance.

2. Seasonal waiver. Alaska only has smog problems in the winter. So you can get a seasonal waiver, drive it in the summer, and do whatever you want with it. Otherwise your engine must be stock (or have only C.A.R.B. approved modifications).

3. Mark lives/works in an area that doesn't require emissions testing. Only Fairbanks and Anchorage are large enough to require it.

If you live there, couldn't you see this situation coming or was it a law that came to fruition during the build?? It would be like me building a straight exhaust, ripping out the EGR system on the engine, and then saying "Damn, I can't drive it now" knowing the entire time that it was against the law.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Here in front-range CO we have emissions regs year-round. Most of the guys with dirty hot rods register them at friends' addresses outside the emissions area. Have to be careful of cops seeing you on I25 every day because if you work inside the smog-control area you're supposed to comply with the emissions tests.

well

well I'm not going to defend my build but if you read the original post I had no choice but to put a new motor in since I could stick my finger in the crack in the block . and Anchorage law doesnt care about circumstances they just want a 2F in a FJ60 that has to be the same year of manf. as the original or newer and offered originally in that vehicle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom