hard top fiberglass price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is a good price for the fiberglass cap. It is in good condition no rust on the rain gutter. No separation from the fiberglass to the rain gutter.

Sent from my DROIDX using IH8MUD

You buying or selling?

Buying going to check one out for 200 do you think that is a fair price

Hard to come by and getting harder...500$ or more for a really good one in my area... Jump on it!

Last edited:
Is this for your '66?
Does your '66 have the older corrugated sides with the bi-fold tailgate, or the newer style hardtop sides, with the one piece lift tailgate?

The fiberglass caps are not interchangeable between the older corrugated side tops, and the newer style tops...the older corrugated tops were actually longer. I asked as I have seen a few '66 models which were older corrugated topped 40s titled as '66s...it is a longer story why, but it happened more than one would think.

That said, I'd buy that old cap for $200 if is was in good shape, and if it was correct for your rig :beer:

they are a pain here have to cut them up in pieces for the sanitation engineers to take them.depending where you live 200.00 sounds fair.

Yes it will be for my 66. The vin puts it a 66 model. It has the five window top with the rounded corner windows. Not the corrugated side style.

It was a factory soft top model but the dealer installed a hard top on it and sold it as a hard top. I am going to check out the fiberglass after work today.
Other than rust on the rain gutter and separation and broken bolts that have to be drilled and ez outed is there anything else I should look for.
Thanks

Unless this cap is from a 66 or 67 you will have to make a few mods. The wipers changed with the 68 models so the piece that attaches to the windshield will not be notched in the right area for you earlier two wiper motor style. Then with the 75 model it changed again. Still not a big deal. Plus with the ambulance doors I believe a bolt hole is incorrect on each end of the rear header, no big deal. The 78 and later will have a notch for the windshield washer nozzle in the center of the windshield piece. All this will do is help you date the fiberglass cap.

I don't know what changes occured to the header bar across the top of the windshield after 67, but the offset is about 1/4" less on a 74 header than on a 75 and newer one. If you've got your original one, I'd swap it asross to the newer fiberglass top. If not, it can be modified to fit with a little ingenuity.

I do have the original one so if is not the same I will swap it. Does the header just rivet to the fiberglass and if so what kind of rivets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom